I am going to South Africa for the second time in August and I am having trouble deciding where to go on safari. We will arrive in Johannesburg and stay there for 2 nights, then we're going to Chobe in Botswana for 3 days followed by a few days in Victoria Falls. After Vic Falls, we want to go on safari but we're not sure where to go. Hwange looks interesting and is pretty affordable and we could spend 4 nights there and then fly from Vic Fall to Durban, our next destination. If we go to Kruger (we have been there before), we have to fly from Vic Falls to Johannesburg and spend the night there, leaving us with only 3 nights in Kruger. What would be the best option?
Safari in Hwange National Park or in Kruger?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kruger
- 2 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 3 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 8 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 11 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 12 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 15 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 16 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 17 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 18 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 19 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 20 Car Rentals in Israel
- 21 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 22 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 23 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 24 Johannesburg...?
- 25 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants