First, while this is my first posting, I've been reading the site for sometime now and all your guidance is invaluable, so thx very much.
Here's my question; my wife and I are planning on a 4 night safari over end of Dec. beginning of Jan. of this year. We'll be in the CT area before then and plan to do the safari before heading back to the U.S.
We've been on safari before in the Kruger area, but have never been further north. We're debating where to go and the choice seems to come down to Botswana (Delta/Moremi/Chobe) or Zambia (SLNP).
Its a big question, but wondering what you guys think in general in terms of the general experience and the weather and game viewing that time of year? Are insects terrible? Any thoughts on Mfuwe Lodge? Not many places are open that time of yr. in Zambia. We like the idea of being able to see Vic. Falls before hand and may spend a night there as well. Keep in mind we'll be newbies to both locations. Should we consider any other areas which may be better that time of year?
Any help would be much appreciated. We are having trouble deciding where to go. Thanks very much.
Safari in Dec./Jan. - Help?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 2 Johannesburg...?
- 3 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 4 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 5 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 6 Jordan safety concerns
- 7 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 8 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 9 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 10 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 11 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 12 A family safari in Tanzania
- 13 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 14 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 15 Uganda Trip Report
- 16 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 17 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 18 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 19 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Boutique hotels in israel
- 22 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 23 Short layover at JNB
- 24 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda?