First, while this is my first posting, I've been reading the site for sometime now and all your guidance is invaluable, so thx very much.
Here's my question; my wife and I are planning on a 4 night safari over end of Dec. beginning of Jan. of this year. We'll be in the CT area before then and plan to do the safari before heading back to the U.S.
We've been on safari before in the Kruger area, but have never been further north. We're debating where to go and the choice seems to come down to Botswana (Delta/Moremi/Chobe) or Zambia (SLNP).
Its a big question, but wondering what you guys think in general in terms of the general experience and the weather and game viewing that time of year? Are insects terrible? Any thoughts on Mfuwe Lodge? Not many places are open that time of yr. in Zambia. We like the idea of being able to see Vic. Falls before hand and may spend a night there as well. Keep in mind we'll be newbies to both locations. Should we consider any other areas which may be better that time of year?
Any help would be much appreciated. We are having trouble deciding where to go. Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 AOL 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 3 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 4 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 5 Safari in South Africa
- 6 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 7 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 8 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 9 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 10 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 11 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 12 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 13 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 14 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 15 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 16 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 17 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 18 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 19 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 20 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 21 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 22 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 23 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 24 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 25 Where are the best safaris in Africa?