First, while this is my first posting, I've been reading the site for sometime now and all your guidance is invaluable, so thx very much.
Here's my question; my wife and I are planning on a 4 night safari over end of Dec. beginning of Jan. of this year. We'll be in the CT area before then and plan to do the safari before heading back to the U.S.
We've been on safari before in the Kruger area, but have never been further north. We're debating where to go and the choice seems to come down to Botswana (Delta/Moremi/Chobe) or Zambia (SLNP).
Its a big question, but wondering what you guys think in general in terms of the general experience and the weather and game viewing that time of year? Are insects terrible? Any thoughts on Mfuwe Lodge? Not many places are open that time of yr. in Zambia. We like the idea of being able to see Vic. Falls before hand and may spend a night there as well. Keep in mind we'll be newbies to both locations. Should we consider any other areas which may be better that time of year?
Any help would be much appreciated. We are having trouble deciding where to go. Thanks very much.
Safari in Dec./Jan. - Help?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 2 Looking for out of the way places
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 5 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 6 Tanzania Safari
- 7 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 8 Sabi Sands camps
- 9 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 10 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 11 trip report, morocco
- 12 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 13 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 14 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 15 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 16 East Africa summer 2014
- 17 Cape Town Safety?
- 18 first time family safari in August 2014
- 19 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 20 Memory cards for camera
- 21 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 22 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 23 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 24 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 25 Help with Rwanda trip