my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 2 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 3 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 4 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 5 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 6 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 7 Morocco Trip Report
- 8 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 9 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 10 Car Rentals in Israel
- 11 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 12 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 13 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 14 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 15 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 16 Johannesburg...?
- 17 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 18 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 19 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 20 Islands to spend holidays
- 21 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 22 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 23 Safari buddies - late August
- 24 Suggestions for a week in Dubai
- 25 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan