my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 2 Morocco vs Turkey
- 3 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 4 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 5 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 6 Nairobi, where to stay
- 7 Widerness Lodges
- 8 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 9 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 10 Help plan African Safari
- 11 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 12 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 13 Tipping on Safari
- 14 Cape Town
- 15 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 16 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 17 Cape Town -safety
- 18 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 19 SA itin review
- 20 Botswana safari in late November
- 21 Ferry to Morocco
- 22 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 23 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 24 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 25 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help