my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
- 1 Bubonic plaque
- 2 Safari and Beach in June
- 3 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 6 Help! First African safari!!!
- 7 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 8 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 11 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 14 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 15 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 dubai for 5 days
- 18 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 19 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Bugs n' Botswana
- 22 Group Trip to Israel
- 23 My Trip to Palestine
- 24 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 25 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA