my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report