my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
- 1 Renting a car in Israel
- 2 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 3 What about money?
- 4 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 5 10 days in south Africa
- 6 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 7 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 8 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 9 a week in africa
- 10 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 11 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 12 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 13 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 14 Accra airport
- 15 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 16 17 days in Israel our way
- 17 morocco
- 18 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 19 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 20 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 21 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 22 Trip extension from Cape town
- 23 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 24 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 25 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?