my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 2 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 3 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 4 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 Viator tour company
- 8 tours in Johannesburg
- 9 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 10 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 11 South African Cities
- 12 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 13 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 14 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 15 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 16 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 17 where to go in africa
- 18 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 19 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 20 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 Help with bags
- 23 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 24 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 25 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS