my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jeans All the Time
- 2 Shopping in Morocco
- 3 Clothing for October trip to Morocco
- 4 Morocco over Christmas
- 5 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 6 After Botswana ?
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 9 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 10 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 11 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 12 Timing for Africa visit
- 13 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 14 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 15 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 16 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 17 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 18 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 19 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 20 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 21 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 22 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 23 DOHA LAYOVER
- 24 Morocco Questions
- 25 Egypt Quickie Trip