my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
- 1 Center Coordinators needed to manage our children’s home in Kenya
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 4 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 7 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 8 Clothes in Uganda
- 9 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 10 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 13 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 14 Homestay Accomodation
- 15 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 16 Selous game reserve
- 17 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 18 Safari and Beach in June
- 19 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 20 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 23 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 24 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 25 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.