my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 4 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 10 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 11 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 12 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Buying merchandise
- 16 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 17 Egypt January-February 2018
- 18 safari for the mobility impaired
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 21 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 22 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 23 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 24 Dining in Cape Town
- 25 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?