my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 2 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 3 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 4 experiences with African travel Resource
- 5 name issue
- 6 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 7 Madagascar suggestions
- 8 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 9 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 10 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 11 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 12 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 13 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 14 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 15 Single traveler
- 16 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 17 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 18 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 21 morocco help please
- 22 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 23 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 24 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?
- 25 Nile cruise with Uniworld, October 2015