my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 2 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 3 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 4 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 5 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 6 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 7 Petra from Israel
- 8 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 9 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 10 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 israel tour
- 13 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 14 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 15 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 16 Luxury train ride
- 17 Safety in Fes
- 18 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 19 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 20 Sim card mainly for data
- 21 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 22 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 23 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 24 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 25 Cape Town