my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Desert Experience in UAE and Oman
- 2 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 3 Single traveler
- 4 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 5 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 6 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 7 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 8 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 9 Morocco Highlights
- 10 Uganda Trip Report
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 13 VISA for Mozambique
- 14 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 17 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 18 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 19 Best African Safari
- 20 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 21 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 22 beach visit after safari
- 23 Petra Wadi Rum
- 24 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 25 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)