my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travel within Africa
- 2 WiFi on Safari
- 3 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 4 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 5 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 6 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 7 Israel itinerary planning
- 8 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 9 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 10 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 11 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 12 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 13 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 14 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 15 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 16 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 17 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 18 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 19 Need itineary planning help
- 20 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 22 What to do with 2 1/2 days in Arusha, TZ
- 23 Passport issues Lebanon/Israel
- 24 My 2-Week Love and Hate Relationship with Morocco
- 25 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You