my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
- 1 Help! First African safari!!!
- 2 Safari Cost Comparison
- 3 dubai for 5 days
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 8 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 9 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 10 Bugs n' Botswana
- 11 Group Trip to Israel
- 12 My Trip to Palestine
- 13 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 14 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 15 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 18 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 19 Safari and Beach in June
- 20 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 21 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 22 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation