my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa in February?
- 2 Car Rentals in Israel
- 3 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 4 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 5 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 6 Morocco to portugal
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 9 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 10 Independence Day in Israel
- 11 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 12 Drinking on safari
- 13 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 14 Travelust
- 15 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 16 Shots for Morocco
- 17 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 18 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 19 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 22 Thinking about The Gambia
- 23 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 24 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 25 Dubai Sand Dune dinner