my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 2 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 3 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 4 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 5 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 6 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 7 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 8 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 9 Ebola and Morocco
- 10 Thompson Gazelle
- 11 Overland in West Africa
- 12 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 13 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 14 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 15 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 16 Morrocco and Cash
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 19 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 20 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 21 South Africa trip advices
- 22 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Tour to Morocco
- 25 Rhino conservation in S Africa