my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 2 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 3 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 4 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 6 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 7 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 8 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 9 Safari on a budget!
- 10 Tips for Israel
- 11 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 12 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 13 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 14 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 15 Road To Morocco Tours
- 16 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 17 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 18 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 19 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 20 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 21 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 22 Rwanda
- 23 Egypt safe travel
- 24 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 25 Zambia Impressions