my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 3 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 4 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 5 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 6 recomendation on African Safari company
- 7 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 8 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 11 One extra day in Jordan
- 12 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 13 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 14 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 15 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 16 Israel in Late October or November?
- 17 One month in Africa
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 20 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 21 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 22 Madagascar - Books
- 23 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 24 Madagascar Driver/Lodging Question - Palmarium and Vakona
- 25 Amman to Dana