my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Petra from Israel
- 2 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 3 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 4 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 7 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 10 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 11 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 14 Dubai Guide
- 15 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 18 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 19 Loldia House Kenya
- 20 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 21 Alexandria
- 22 kicheche compared to porini
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 25 Chefchaouen Report