my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Safari in August 2013
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 2 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 3 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 4 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 5 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 6 Boutique hotels in israel
- 7 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 8 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 9 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 10 Short layover at JNB
- 11 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 12 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 13 A family safari in Tanzania
- 14 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 15 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 16 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 17 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 18 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 19 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 20 Any Experience with Africa Tours?
- 21 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?
- 22 Uganda/Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
- 23 Israel and Petra
- 24 Tanzania Safari 7 or 8 night itinerary recommendations
- 25 Car Service - Abu Dhabi to Dubai