my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 12 days Cape Town and Pilanesburg Itinerary help
- 2 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 3 advise on joburg pls!
- 4 Cape Town weather dependent activities
- 5 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 6 help with itinerary please
- 7 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 8 Luggage restrictions
- 9 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 10 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 11 Spain and Morocco over 90 Days
- 12 Where to holiday in late June/early July 2017?
- 13 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 14 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 15 Township Tour Guide
- 16 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 17 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 18 ISRAEL TRIP
- 19 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 20 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 21 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 22 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 23 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
- 24 Help with safari itinerary with 9 year old
- 25 Tel Aviv Nightlife for 30+