my boyfriend (28 y.) and I (25 y.), we want to do a Safari (Tanzania) in August 2013, but we don't want to do such a typical tourist-safari as we can find in catalogues.
Here are some basic data:
- time: August
- we want a safari-feeling (watching many different animals) out of the main tourist-routes
- Serengeti-NP was our first choice
- accommodation: should be clean (we don't need any luxury, camping is of interest)
- budget: max. 3000-4000 $ (incl. flight from and back to Germany and accommodation), lower prices are welcome.
Here some questions:
1. Does the Serengeti-NP makes sense in this context and if yes, in which region we should stay?
2. Which one should be our departure airport?
3. Do you have any tips for the accommodation and safari-tour?
4. Is the budget down-to-earth?
5. How long should we stay in the NP, if we want to watch many animals?
I hope, I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 2 help with itinerary please
- 3 Suggestions Apprciated
- 4 South African tour operators
- 5 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 6 First time safari question
- 7 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 8 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 9 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 10 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 11 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 12 Swala Safaris
- 13 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 14 Dubai
- 15 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 16 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 17 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 18 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 19 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 20 Etosha help
- 21 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 22 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 23 private game reserve-kruger
- 24 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 25 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation