Kavey pointed me here, since I'm currently looking into booking a Safari this summer (late notice, I know) for myself and one other, and thus I would appreciate some advice etc on our current ideas...
The basic outline is thus:
We're looking 9-13 days away, with at least 6-7 days of actual safari/game viewing, preferably between 9th/10th July and 20th-22nd July, in either Kenya, Tanzania, or Namibia.
Flights aren't an issue, as they're pretty much a constant fare down to Nairobi (or where ever is nearest), so our budget for the holiday itself is around the $1500 (£800-£850) bracket per person, with room to increase that a little if needs must or if transfer flights are required. Accomodation wise, lodges would be preferred, but mixed camping and lodges would probably be ok too.
One last thing would be for this to be a private or very small group safari, but we appreciate that this isn't often possible within our budget, so isn't essential.
So far we've looked at companies such as Exodus, Explore, Go2Africa, and Safari2Go, but we're finding it hard to find something that fits all our above criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific tours, or general safari companies that we should approach?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 2 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 3 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 4 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 5 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 6 Israel itinerary
- 7 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 8 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 9 Safari photography help
- 10 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 11 Travel within Africa
- 12 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 13 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 14 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 15 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 16 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 17 Tanzania trip Advice
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 20 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 21 el gouna or soma bay????
- 22 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 23 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 24 Malawi with kiddos
- 25 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016