Kavey pointed me here, since I'm currently looking into booking a Safari this summer (late notice, I know) for myself and one other, and thus I would appreciate some advice etc on our current ideas...
The basic outline is thus:
We're looking 9-13 days away, with at least 6-7 days of actual safari/game viewing, preferably between 9th/10th July and 20th-22nd July, in either Kenya, Tanzania, or Namibia.
Flights aren't an issue, as they're pretty much a constant fare down to Nairobi (or where ever is nearest), so our budget for the holiday itself is around the $1500 (£800-£850) bracket per person, with room to increase that a little if needs must or if transfer flights are required. Accomodation wise, lodges would be preferred, but mixed camping and lodges would probably be ok too.
One last thing would be for this to be a private or very small group safari, but we appreciate that this isn't often possible within our budget, so isn't essential.
So far we've looked at companies such as Exodus, Explore, Go2Africa, and Safari2Go, but we're finding it hard to find something that fits all our above criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific tours, or general safari companies that we should approach?
Safari Help Please!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 2 Good reads
- 3 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 4 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 5 South Africa in February?
- 6 Morocco Advice
- 7 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 8 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 9 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 10 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 11 3-week tour at Egypt
- 12 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 13 Beirut
- 14 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 15 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 16 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 17 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 18 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 19 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 22 I'm going on safari for free!
- 23 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 24 Dubai first time
- 25 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June