Kavey pointed me here, since I'm currently looking into booking a Safari this summer (late notice, I know) for myself and one other, and thus I would appreciate some advice etc on our current ideas...
The basic outline is thus:
We're looking 9-13 days away, with at least 6-7 days of actual safari/game viewing, preferably between 9th/10th July and 20th-22nd July, in either Kenya, Tanzania, or Namibia.
Flights aren't an issue, as they're pretty much a constant fare down to Nairobi (or where ever is nearest), so our budget for the holiday itself is around the $1500 (£800-£850) bracket per person, with room to increase that a little if needs must or if transfer flights are required. Accomodation wise, lodges would be preferred, but mixed camping and lodges would probably be ok too.
One last thing would be for this to be a private or very small group safari, but we appreciate that this isn't often possible within our budget, so isn't essential.
So far we've looked at companies such as Exodus, Explore, Go2Africa, and Safari2Go, but we're finding it hard to find something that fits all our above criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific tours, or general safari companies that we should approach?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 2 What is worth seeing in November?
- 3 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 4 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 5 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 6 Masai Mara in May
- 7 Western Desert Itinerary
- 8 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 9 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 10 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 11 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 12 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 13 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 14 Trip to Merzouga
- 15 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 16 Uganda Visa
- 17 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 18 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 19 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 20 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 21 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 22 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 23 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 24 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 25 Amazing Kenya - a must visit