Kavey pointed me here, since I'm currently looking into booking a Safari this summer (late notice, I know) for myself and one other, and thus I would appreciate some advice etc on our current ideas...
The basic outline is thus:
We're looking 9-13 days away, with at least 6-7 days of actual safari/game viewing, preferably between 9th/10th July and 20th-22nd July, in either Kenya, Tanzania, or Namibia.
Flights aren't an issue, as they're pretty much a constant fare down to Nairobi (or where ever is nearest), so our budget for the holiday itself is around the $1500 (£800-£850) bracket per person, with room to increase that a little if needs must or if transfer flights are required. Accomodation wise, lodges would be preferred, but mixed camping and lodges would probably be ok too.
One last thing would be for this to be a private or very small group safari, but we appreciate that this isn't often possible within our budget, so isn't essential.
So far we've looked at companies such as Exodus, Explore, Go2Africa, and Safari2Go, but we're finding it hard to find something that fits all our above criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific tours, or general safari companies that we should approach?
Safari Help Please!
- 1 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 Safari Cost Comparison
- 4 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 5 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 6 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 7 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 8 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 9 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 10 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 11 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 12 My trip to Egypt .....
- 13 dubai for 5 days
- 14 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 15 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 16 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 17 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 18 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 19 Bugs n' Botswana
- 20 Group Trip to Israel
- 21 My Trip to Palestine
- 22 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 23 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 24 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 25 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses