Kavey pointed me here, since I'm currently looking into booking a Safari this summer (late notice, I know) for myself and one other, and thus I would appreciate some advice etc on our current ideas...
The basic outline is thus:
We're looking 9-13 days away, with at least 6-7 days of actual safari/game viewing, preferably between 9th/10th July and 20th-22nd July, in either Kenya, Tanzania, or Namibia.
Flights aren't an issue, as they're pretty much a constant fare down to Nairobi (or where ever is nearest), so our budget for the holiday itself is around the $1500 (£800-£850) bracket per person, with room to increase that a little if needs must or if transfer flights are required. Accomodation wise, lodges would be preferred, but mixed camping and lodges would probably be ok too.
One last thing would be for this to be a private or very small group safari, but we appreciate that this isn't often possible within our budget, so isn't essential.
So far we've looked at companies such as Exodus, Explore, Go2Africa, and Safari2Go, but we're finding it hard to find something that fits all our above criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific tours, or general safari companies that we should approach?
Safari Help Please!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant