Kavey pointed me here, since I'm currently looking into booking a Safari this summer (late notice, I know) for myself and one other, and thus I would appreciate some advice etc on our current ideas...
The basic outline is thus:
We're looking 9-13 days away, with at least 6-7 days of actual safari/game viewing, preferably between 9th/10th July and 20th-22nd July, in either Kenya, Tanzania, or Namibia.
Flights aren't an issue, as they're pretty much a constant fare down to Nairobi (or where ever is nearest), so our budget for the holiday itself is around the $1500 (£800-£850) bracket per person, with room to increase that a little if needs must or if transfer flights are required. Accomodation wise, lodges would be preferred, but mixed camping and lodges would probably be ok too.
One last thing would be for this to be a private or very small group safari, but we appreciate that this isn't often possible within our budget, so isn't essential.
So far we've looked at companies such as Exodus, Explore, Go2Africa, and Safari2Go, but we're finding it hard to find something that fits all our above criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations of specific tours, or general safari companies that we should approach?
Safari Help Please!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 7 Morocco for 2 nights
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 MOROCCO SOLO
- 10 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 11 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 12 Looking for out of the way places
- 13 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 14 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 15 Tanzania Safari
- 16 Sabi Sands camps
- 17 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 18 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 19 trip report, morocco
- 20 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 21 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 22 East Africa summer 2014
- 23 Cape Town Safety?
- 24 first time family safari in August 2014
- 25 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...