We are leaving for a safari in Kenya and Tanzania next week. I have read a lot about what to take and not take and have a question relative to colors. I read that you don't want to wear black or blue because of the tsetse flies. One other place I read to avoid black and navy blue. I know this is splitting hairs here but I have an insect shield shirt that is light blue (sky blue). Is the problem with navy/dark blue or any shade of blue? I also have sort of a deep turquoise blue fleece jacket (akin to the blue in the Windows Explorer logo). Is that okay? Are the colors only a problem during the daytime or are those flies out 24/7. Probably all really dumb questions but it is my first time on safari and I don't want to attract flies. That sort of sounds funny. Any other suggestions on what to take and not take are appreciated.
Safari clothing questions - (colors??) - leaving next week
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town Safety?
- 2 first time family safari in August 2014
- 3 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 4 Memory cards for camera
- 5 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 6 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 9 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 10 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 11 Help with Rwanda trip
- 12 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 13 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 trip report, morocco
- 16 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 17 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 18 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 19 Morocco for 2 nights
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Rwanda trip report
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary