We are leaving for a safari in Kenya and Tanzania next week. I have read a lot about what to take and not take and have a question relative to colors. I read that you don't want to wear black or blue because of the tsetse flies. One other place I read to avoid black and navy blue. I know this is splitting hairs here but I have an insect shield shirt that is light blue (sky blue). Is the problem with navy/dark blue or any shade of blue? I also have sort of a deep turquoise blue fleece jacket (akin to the blue in the Windows Explorer logo). Is that okay? Are the colors only a problem during the daytime or are those flies out 24/7. Probably all really dumb questions but it is my first time on safari and I don't want to attract flies. That sort of sounds funny. Any other suggestions on what to take and not take are appreciated.
Safari clothing questions - (colors??) - leaving next week
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra