We are leaving for a safari in Kenya and Tanzania next week. I have read a lot about what to take and not take and have a question relative to colors. I read that you don't want to wear black or blue because of the tsetse flies. One other place I read to avoid black and navy blue. I know this is splitting hairs here but I have an insect shield shirt that is light blue (sky blue). Is the problem with navy/dark blue or any shade of blue? I also have sort of a deep turquoise blue fleece jacket (akin to the blue in the Windows Explorer logo). Is that okay? Are the colors only a problem during the daytime or are those flies out 24/7. Probably all really dumb questions but it is my first time on safari and I don't want to attract flies. That sort of sounds funny. Any other suggestions on what to take and not take are appreciated.
Safari clothing questions - (colors??) - leaving next week
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report