We are leaving for a safari in Kenya and Tanzania next week. I have read a lot about what to take and not take and have a question relative to colors. I read that you don't want to wear black or blue because of the tsetse flies. One other place I read to avoid black and navy blue. I know this is splitting hairs here but I have an insect shield shirt that is light blue (sky blue). Is the problem with navy/dark blue or any shade of blue? I also have sort of a deep turquoise blue fleece jacket (akin to the blue in the Windows Explorer logo). Is that okay? Are the colors only a problem during the daytime or are those flies out 24/7. Probably all really dumb questions but it is my first time on safari and I don't want to attract flies. That sort of sounds funny. Any other suggestions on what to take and not take are appreciated.
Safari clothing questions - (colors??) - leaving next week
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 2 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 3 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 4 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 MOROCCO SOLO
- 12 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 13 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 14 Looking for out of the way places
- 15 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 16 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 trip report, morocco
- 22 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 23 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 24 East Africa summer 2014
- 25 Cape Town Safety?