I'd like to plan a safari and beach honeymoon in mid- to late-September 2014. I would like to combine luxury accommodation and safe, convenient/comfortable travel with the opportunity to see unforgetable landscapes and the big 5. We're willing to sacrifice sleep and miss meals to see great things. If this is the only safari we are likely to go on, where should we go?
I've done some research, and it looks like Tanzania might be the best choice. I'd love opinions from people who have been multiple places, though.
And is there a sweet spot between luxury and budget, so we can be comfortable and get the most out of our safari experience?
Thanks so much in advance!
San Francisco, CA
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 2 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 3 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 4 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 5 Dubai - 4 hours between flights, what can you do ??
- 6 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 7 Cairo International Airport
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 12 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 13 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 14 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 15 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 16 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 17 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 18 Dubai Guide
- 19 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 20 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 21 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 22 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 23 Loldia House Kenya
- 24 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 25 Alexandria