We've been on a couple of safaris, but not yet to the Kruger area. We're going back to Botswana and South Africa in the spring of 2015. We're planning on spending about 10 days in Botswana at a variety of locales, and then about 6 days in South Africa -- three nights at a camp in a private reserve in the north Kruger area (Timbavati or Klaserie) and then to Sabi Sands. Mala Mala clearly has phenomenal game viewing, but is pretty pricey. I've read about Notten's Camp, and it also gets very good reviews and is about half the price of Mala Mala Main Camp. Do any of you have experience at both of these, or other Sabi Sands camps, to be able to provide some comparison? Thanks.
Sabi Sands camps
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 2 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 3 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Kruger
- 6 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 7 Pulse Africa???
- 8 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 11 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 12 Safari buddies - late August
- 13 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 14 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 15 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 16 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 17 Morocco Trip Report
- 18 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 19 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 20 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 21 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 22 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 23 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 24 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 25 Tanzania camping safari itinerary