I read that SAA carry-on luggage restriction is 18lb, but they do allow one personal item. My carry-on luggage with wheels (19x14x6 inches) weights almost 8 lb, that leaves only 10 lb for clothes and camera/binocular. So I'm planning to bring a backpack also, but it's not on the list of "personal item".
Did anyone fly SAA to Zimbabwe recently? How strict is SAA with "personal item"?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hunting allowed in South Africa?
- 2 Guide needed in Cape Town?
- 3 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 4 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 5 Cape Town Itinerary
- 6 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 7 Gorrillas in Rwanda
- 8 Malawi with kiddos
- 9 Zimbabwe traveling solo
- 10 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 11 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 12 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 13 Mauritius info request please
- 14 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 15 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 16 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 WiFi on Safari
- 19 Travel within Africa
- 20 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 21 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 22 Israel itinerary planning
- 23 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 24 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 25 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco