Just returned from 2 weeks in Rwanda. A great country, beautiful landscape, and warm friendly people. Two thumbs up!! My first African experience. Our method of travel was more of a mid-range budget including using some public trans.
1) General tourist stuff in Kigali, visited with local friends in Remera (sp?).
2) The Gorilla Trek out of Ruhengeri, including a visit to a Pygmy tribe, and the Virunga lodge (wow!).
3) 2 nights on the beach in Gisenyi (awesome).
4) Nyungwe walks, monkeys and awesome birds.
Had a great time and hope to give a full report soon. I have many thoughts and advice to share. Ran out of time and did not make Akagera. Bradt guide was helpful as was this site! You can basically double the 2004 Bradt prices btw. Special thanks to everyone in this forum who have taken the time to share your experiences, I am greatful for your input and information, it helped!
Specific questions are welcome (Lynn?), and I'll do my best to help you...
If you are ready for, and/or like, third world travel-Go for it! A special place indeed.
Amarhora- from Vermont.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 헬로우카지노ご＼＼ÅĎＭ85６、c0m ご＼＼헬로우카지노
- 2 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 3 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 4 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 5 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 6 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 7 Is the migration early this year
- 8 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 9 Cape Town Itinerary
- 10 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 11 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 12 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 13 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 14 Madagascar - your tips please
- 15 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 16 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 17 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 18 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 19 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 20 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 21 Road To Morocco Tours
- 22 Magnificant Morocco
- 23 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 24 Africa Film Festival
- 25 Roar Africa reviews