Just returned from 2 weeks in Rwanda. A great country, beautiful landscape, and warm friendly people. Two thumbs up!! My first African experience. Our method of travel was more of a mid-range budget including using some public trans.
1) General tourist stuff in Kigali, visited with local friends in Remera (sp?).
2) The Gorilla Trek out of Ruhengeri, including a visit to a Pygmy tribe, and the Virunga lodge (wow!).
3) 2 nights on the beach in Gisenyi (awesome).
4) Nyungwe walks, monkeys and awesome birds.
Had a great time and hope to give a full report soon. I have many thoughts and advice to share. Ran out of time and did not make Akagera. Bradt guide was helpful as was this site! You can basically double the 2004 Bradt prices btw. Special thanks to everyone in this forum who have taken the time to share your experiences, I am greatful for your input and information, it helped!
Specific questions are welcome (Lynn?), and I'll do my best to help you...
If you are ready for, and/or like, third world travel-Go for it! A special place indeed.
Amarhora- from Vermont.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://quicksupplementfact.com/bio-rocket-blast/
- 2 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 3 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 4 Safari suggestions
- 5 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Travel to Cairo in July
- 8 Targin into Zambia
- 9 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 10 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 11 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 12 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 13 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 14 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 15 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 16 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 17 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 18 Passport question for International flight
- 19 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 20 Tour operator near me
- 21 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 24 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 25 Draft itinerary for Morocco