Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on email@example.com or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 2 Iran Info, Please
- 3 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 4 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 5 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 6 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 7 COME TO IRAN ...
- 8 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 9 fez accommodation
- 10 what kind of phone
- 11 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 12 Johannesburg...?
- 13 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 14 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 15 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 16 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 17 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 18 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 19 Suggestions for a group tour
- 20 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 21 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 22 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 23 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai
- 24 Morocco: Presence of Armed Guards?
- 25 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries