Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on email@example.com or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 2 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 3 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 4 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 5 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 6 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 7 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 8 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 9 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 10 Awesome trip and still not done
- 11 South Africa
- 12 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 13 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 14 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 15 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 16 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 17 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 18 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 19 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 20 [UGANDA] Meeting Local People
- 21 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 22 Bidair at JNB
- 23 Sole fem traveller guide
- 24 Trip Report - Safari South Africa 2012
- 25 Morocco for 2 nights