Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on email@example.com or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Don't Miss Let's have Slim and enticing Body
- 2 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 3 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 4 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 5 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 6 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 7 Things to see in Dubai
- 8 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 9 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 10 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 14 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 15 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 16 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 17 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 18 Safari on a budget!
- 19 Tips for Israel
- 20 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 21 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 22 Road To Morocco Tours
- 23 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 24 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 25 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV