Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 4 Morocco to portugal
- 5 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 6 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 7 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 8 Independence Day in Israel
- 9 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 10 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 11 Drinking on safari
- 12 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 13 Travelust
- 14 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 15 Shots for Morocco
- 16 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 17 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 18 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 21 Thinking about The Gambia
- 22 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 23 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 24 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 25 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR