Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Advice
- 2 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 3 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 4 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 5 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 3-week tour at Egypt
- 8 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 9 Beirut
- 10 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 13 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 14 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 15 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 16 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 17 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 18 I'm going on safari for free!
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 Dubai first time
- 21 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 22 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 23 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 24 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 25 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions