Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on email@example.com or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 2 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 5 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 8 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 9 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 10 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 11 Tanzania Safari
- 12 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 13 Israel and Petra
- 14 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 15 Magnificant Morocco
- 16 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 17 Hotels in Nairobi
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 20 Memory cards for camera
- 21 World Travel Expert
- 22 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 23 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 24 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 25 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?