Back in 2005, through a dear friend of mine at the British Embassy I met the British Ambassador's driver. As a driver for the embassy he has been on extensive training for defensive driving courses etc so is an incredibly reliable and safe driver. He has since set up himself and his brother as freelance tourist drivers and tour guides. They are both wonderful guys - friendly, trustworthy and exceptionally knowledgeable and accommodating to their guests, with relationships and connections at all the major accommodations and visitor points around the country, and they also drive folks over into Uganda and Tanzania. While they both do a fair amount of work for the other reputable tour companies in Kigali, they are also available to be used direct, which I'm sure is cheaper than using a tour company. Charles Karenzi is the ex-driver for the ambassador and organizes the schedules for himself and his brother Isaac. He can be reached on email@example.com or +250788302289 and I really can't recommend them enough. Plus it is nice to see local people succeeding in reputable business that supports their families rather than the majority of the money going to some big tour company based outside the country you are traveling in. Hope that helps!
Rwanda: Tip for anyone looking for a reputable driver/ guide
- 1 Morocco - private tour operators
- 2 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 3 Africa Safari
- 4 phone service
- 5 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 6 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 7 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 8 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 9 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 10 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 11 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 12 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 13 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 14 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 15 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 16 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 17 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 18 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 19 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 20 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012
- 21 ZAMBIA / ZIMBABWE SAFETY.
- 22 Shipping from Morocco - Help!
- 23 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 24 Weekend tours out of Lusaka
- 25 Tanzania or South Africa? Traveling with 70-year old parents