We will be visiting Rwanda for gorilla trekking in late September. In reading the information sent to us by our travel agent, we noticed that they do not permit plastic bags to be brought into the country. Since we use many zip-lock type plastic bags for cosmetics, camera cards, etc. we were wondering how strictly they enforce this policy. Also, my rain shield for my camera is essentially a plastic bag fitted for a camera, and I had planned to take this along. Our travel agent said that as long as we acknowledge the ban and explain that we will be using our bags for traveling and will be taking them with us out of the country, we shouldn't meet with any resistance. Has anyone had any experience with this? If it matters, we will be flying into Kigali from Tanzania.
Rwanda restrictions on plastic bags
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Keeping Kenya Adventure Weird....Cheap...Delicious
- 3 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 4 Zambia Impressions
- 5 Taste of Dubai
- 6 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 7 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 8 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 11 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015