We will be visiting Rwanda for gorilla trekking in late September. In reading the information sent to us by our travel agent, we noticed that they do not permit plastic bags to be brought into the country. Since we use many zip-lock type plastic bags for cosmetics, camera cards, etc. we were wondering how strictly they enforce this policy. Also, my rain shield for my camera is essentially a plastic bag fitted for a camera, and I had planned to take this along. Our travel agent said that as long as we acknowledge the ban and explain that we will be using our bags for traveling and will be taking them with us out of the country, we shouldn't meet with any resistance. Has anyone had any experience with this? If it matters, we will be flying into Kigali from Tanzania.
Rwanda restrictions on plastic bags
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 2 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 3 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 4 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 5 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 6 Safari buddies - late August
- 7 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 8 Kruger
- 9 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 10 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 11 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 12 Morocco Trip Report
- 13 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 14 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 15 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 16 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 17 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 18 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 19 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 23 Car Rentals in Israel
- 24 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 25 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA