We will be visiting Rwanda for gorilla trekking in late September. In reading the information sent to us by our travel agent, we noticed that they do not permit plastic bags to be brought into the country. Since we use many zip-lock type plastic bags for cosmetics, camera cards, etc. we were wondering how strictly they enforce this policy. Also, my rain shield for my camera is essentially a plastic bag fitted for a camera, and I had planned to take this along. Our travel agent said that as long as we acknowledge the ban and explain that we will be using our bags for traveling and will be taking them with us out of the country, we shouldn't meet with any resistance. Has anyone had any experience with this? If it matters, we will be flying into Kigali from Tanzania.
Rwanda restrictions on plastic bags
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 Morocco in April 2014
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report