We will be visiting Rwanda for gorilla trekking in late September. In reading the information sent to us by our travel agent, we noticed that they do not permit plastic bags to be brought into the country. Since we use many zip-lock type plastic bags for cosmetics, camera cards, etc. we were wondering how strictly they enforce this policy. Also, my rain shield for my camera is essentially a plastic bag fitted for a camera, and I had planned to take this along. Our travel agent said that as long as we acknowledge the ban and explain that we will be using our bags for traveling and will be taking them with us out of the country, we shouldn't meet with any resistance. Has anyone had any experience with this? If it matters, we will be flying into Kigali from Tanzania.
Rwanda restrictions on plastic bags
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 2 Morocco for 2 nights
- 3 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 4 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 5 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 6 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 7 Tanzania Safari
- 8 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 9 Israel and Petra
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Magnificant Morocco
- 12 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 israel and petra
- 15 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 16 Memory cards for camera
- 17 World Travel Expert
- 18 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 19 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 22 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 23 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 24 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 25 Uganda Trip Report May 2012