We will be visiting Rwanda for gorilla trekking in late September. In reading the information sent to us by our travel agent, we noticed that they do not permit plastic bags to be brought into the country. Since we use many zip-lock type plastic bags for cosmetics, camera cards, etc. we were wondering how strictly they enforce this policy. Also, my rain shield for my camera is essentially a plastic bag fitted for a camera, and I had planned to take this along. Our travel agent said that as long as we acknowledge the ban and explain that we will be using our bags for traveling and will be taking them with us out of the country, we shouldn't meet with any resistance. Has anyone had any experience with this? If it matters, we will be flying into Kigali from Tanzania.
Rwanda restrictions on plastic bags
- 1 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 2 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 4 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 5 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 6 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 7 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 8 Africa Safari
- 9 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 10 Morocco - private tour operators
- 11 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 12 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 13 Kruger Park trip
- 14 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 15 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 16 phone service
- 17 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 18 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 19 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 20 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 21 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 22 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 23 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 24 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 25 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)