This is my first post on this forum. I have lurked here for a year soaking up information on Africa in order to plan our 2 week trip to Rwanda and Tanzania. A BIG thank you to all! So, I figured I needed to come back and post a report to benefit others who may be planning similar trips.
We were in Rwanda from 19 - 23 January and in Tanzania from 23 January to 1 February.
Our trip report and photos can be found on smugmug at
There are 4 albums for each of our 4 days in Rwanda. Hope you enjoy!
As for R&N Xplorer, they worked out very well for us. Nyagah (the owner) was usually very responsive. There was a period after we had confirmed our booking when he was not as responsive, but after I politely let him know that and insisting on better communication, he got back to replying within 1 - 3 business days. I usually plan all our trips independently and am not used to handing over control to someone else. So, I made sure that Nyagah faxed us copies of the gorilla permits. Nyagah also booked our Rwanda AIr JRO to KGL flight tickets and sent us the e-tickets.
Mercator Assistance is R&N Xplorer's partner and ground operator in Rwanda. Once we reached Kigali, everything was smooth and there were no glitches. Abdul, our driver, was fantastic. We would definitely recommend R&N.
We are still working on our Tanzania pictures and commentary. It will take us another 2 weeks at least to get them done.
If there are any questions, I will try my best to respond as soon as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco trip suggestions please
- 2 Gorrillas in Rwanda
- 3 Car Rental from Cape Town
- 4 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 5 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 6 Non Stop Flights to Cairo
- 7 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 8 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 9 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 10 Kenya
- 11 Change of Entry Requirements for South Africa for Minors
- 12 SA Travel Vets - Anyone mind critiquing my itinerary?
- 13 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 14 Driver/guide for trip around Madagascar
- 15 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 16 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 17 African Safari
- 18 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 19 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 20 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 21 Please give your preferences on these two private Lodges
- 22 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 23 Is the migration early this year
- 24 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 25 Cape Town Itinerary
Rwanda January 2009 trip report (using R&N Xplorer)