This is my first post on this forum. I have lurked here for a year soaking up information on Africa in order to plan our 2 week trip to Rwanda and Tanzania. A BIG thank you to all! So, I figured I needed to come back and post a report to benefit others who may be planning similar trips.
We were in Rwanda from 19 - 23 January and in Tanzania from 23 January to 1 February.
Our trip report and photos can be found on smugmug at
There are 4 albums for each of our 4 days in Rwanda. Hope you enjoy!
As for R&N Xplorer, they worked out very well for us. Nyagah (the owner) was usually very responsive. There was a period after we had confirmed our booking when he was not as responsive, but after I politely let him know that and insisting on better communication, he got back to replying within 1 - 3 business days. I usually plan all our trips independently and am not used to handing over control to someone else. So, I made sure that Nyagah faxed us copies of the gorilla permits. Nyagah also booked our Rwanda AIr JRO to KGL flight tickets and sent us the e-tickets.
Mercator Assistance is R&N Xplorer's partner and ground operator in Rwanda. Once we reached Kigali, everything was smooth and there were no glitches. Abdul, our driver, was fantastic. We would definitely recommend R&N.
We are still working on our Tanzania pictures and commentary. It will take us another 2 weeks at least to get them done.
If there are any questions, I will try my best to respond as soon as possible.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 dffsd
- 2 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 3 Mini DV or Mini DVD Camcorder?
- 4 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 5 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 6 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 7 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 8 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 9 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 10 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 11 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 14 Dubai Guide
- 15 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 18 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 19 Loldia House Kenya
- 20 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 21 Alexandria
- 22 kicheche compared to porini
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 25 Chefchaouen Report
Rwanda January 2009 trip report (using R&N Xplorer)