This is my first post on this forum. I have lurked here for a year soaking up information on Africa in order to plan our 2 week trip to Rwanda and Tanzania. A BIG thank you to all! So, I figured I needed to come back and post a report to benefit others who may be planning similar trips.
We were in Rwanda from 19 - 23 January and in Tanzania from 23 January to 1 February.
Our trip report and photos can be found on smugmug at
There are 4 albums for each of our 4 days in Rwanda. Hope you enjoy!
As for R&N Xplorer, they worked out very well for us. Nyagah (the owner) was usually very responsive. There was a period after we had confirmed our booking when he was not as responsive, but after I politely let him know that and insisting on better communication, he got back to replying within 1 - 3 business days. I usually plan all our trips independently and am not used to handing over control to someone else. So, I made sure that Nyagah faxed us copies of the gorilla permits. Nyagah also booked our Rwanda AIr JRO to KGL flight tickets and sent us the e-tickets.
Mercator Assistance is R&N Xplorer's partner and ground operator in Rwanda. Once we reached Kigali, everything was smooth and there were no glitches. Abdul, our driver, was fantastic. We would definitely recommend R&N.
We are still working on our Tanzania pictures and commentary. It will take us another 2 weeks at least to get them done.
If there are any questions, I will try my best to respond as soon as possible.
Rwanda January 2009 trip report (using R&N Xplorer)
- 1 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 4 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 5 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 6 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 7 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 8 Homestay Accomodation
- 9 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 10 Selous game reserve
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 what is the problem with the Germans in Egypt
- 20 security in Hurghada , Egypt
- 21 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 22 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 23 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 24 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 25 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village