My husband and I are off to South Africa next month and will be sending 4.5 days in Cape Town. We are very interested in the history of the region and are excited by the prospect of visiting Robben Island. I have been reading some not so great reviews of the tours there and am wondering if a private tour might be a better option for us. Has anyone done a private tour and if so would you recommend it?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 2 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 3 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 4 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 10 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 11 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 12 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Buying merchandise
- 16 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 17 Egypt January-February 2018
- 18 safari for the mobility impaired
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 21 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 22 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 23 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 24 Dining in Cape Town
- 25 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?