I bought a bottle of whisky at the duty free shop Dar es Salaam airport, but it was confiscated by security at Zurich while i was making my connection. Apparently it had the wrong type of plastic security bag.
I was quite annoyed as i had specifically asked the man in shop in Dar about this, and he gave me a clear assurance that the bag would be alright. I suppose it could have been an honest mistake, but maybe he was lying. Obviously it's a relatively trivial issue, but i thought i'd post on some travellers' forums.
By the way, also, don't carry carved wooden souvenirs in your handluggage; at Dar airport, the man in front of me in the security line had an African wooden carving confiscated because, they said, it could be used as a club. I wonder if security sold it back to the shop later.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 BROTHER Printer 1:800:681:7208 Installation Contact BROTHER Tec*h care
- 2 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 3 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 4 Audley Travel
- 5 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 6 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 7 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 8 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 11 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 12 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 13 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 14 Safari in South Africa
- 15 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 16 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 17 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 18 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 19 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 20 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 21 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 22 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 23 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 24 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 25 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails