I bought a bottle of whisky at the duty free shop Dar es Salaam airport, but it was confiscated by security at Zurich while i was making my connection. Apparently it had the wrong type of plastic security bag.
I was quite annoyed as i had specifically asked the man in shop in Dar about this, and he gave me a clear assurance that the bag would be alright. I suppose it could have been an honest mistake, but maybe he was lying. Obviously it's a relatively trivial issue, but i thought i'd post on some travellers' forums.
By the way, also, don't carry carved wooden souvenirs in your handluggage; at Dar airport, the man in front of me in the security line had an African wooden carving confiscated because, they said, it could be used as a club. I wonder if security sold it back to the shop later.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.garciniacambogialean.com/biogenic-xr
- 2 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Private tours in Morocco
- 5 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 6 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 7 First time to Africa-need help!
- 8 How do I know if a company is legit
- 9 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi