I bought a bottle of whisky at the duty free shop Dar es Salaam airport, but it was confiscated by security at Zurich while i was making my connection. Apparently it had the wrong type of plastic security bag.
I was quite annoyed as i had specifically asked the man in shop in Dar about this, and he gave me a clear assurance that the bag would be alright. I suppose it could have been an honest mistake, but maybe he was lying. Obviously it's a relatively trivial issue, but i thought i'd post on some travellers' forums.
By the way, also, don't carry carved wooden souvenirs in your handluggage; at Dar airport, the man in front of me in the security line had an African wooden carving confiscated because, they said, it could be used as a club. I wonder if security sold it back to the shop later.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://nutritionplanreview.com/staminon-male-enhancement/
- 2 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 3 israel tour
- 4 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 5 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 6 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 7 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 8 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 9 Luxury train ride
- 10 Safety in Fes
- 11 Petra from Israel
- 12 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Sim card mainly for data
- 15 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 16 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 17 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 18 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 19 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 20 Cape Town
- 21 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Travel to Cairo in July
- 24 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 25 The Safari Collection