I bought a bottle of whisky at the duty free shop Dar es Salaam airport, but it was confiscated by security at Zurich while i was making my connection. Apparently it had the wrong type of plastic security bag.
I was quite annoyed as i had specifically asked the man in shop in Dar about this, and he gave me a clear assurance that the bag would be alright. I suppose it could have been an honest mistake, but maybe he was lying. Obviously it's a relatively trivial issue, but i thought i'd post on some travellers' forums.
By the way, also, don't carry carved wooden souvenirs in your handluggage; at Dar airport, the man in front of me in the security line had an African wooden carving confiscated because, they said, it could be used as a club. I wonder if security sold it back to the shop later.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Assist: AVG Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 avg*24*7
- 2 Creative@: Kaspersky Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 **24*7
- 3 Creative@: Kaspersky Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 **24*7
- 4 Creative@: Kaspersky Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 **24*7
- 5 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Safari suggestions
- 8 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 9 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 10 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 11 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 12 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 13 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 14 Passport question for International flight
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Tour operator near me
- 17 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 18 Sim card mainly for data
- 19 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 20 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 21 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 22 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 23 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 24 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania