I'm researching my first trip to Africa. This will be my #1 dream trip coming true. I want to travel sometime during June - Sept of 2006. I'm undecided about where to go - Eastern or Southern Africa. I've completed reading a book about Eastern Africa and about to start a book on Southern Africa. I'm trying to determine how I should book this trip. Do I use a travel agent or book directly though a safari outfitter? If I use an outfitter, how do I choose a reputable one? There are so many available on the Internet. I'd like to spend 2 - 3 weeks over there and include a couple of days of horseback riding amongst the wildlife. My budget is $4000 - $6000. I may be traveling by myself and I wonder if this is a safe thing to do. I’m open to staying in lodges, permanent tents or mobile tents. My main goal of this trip is to see wildlife and it would be a great thrill to be able to ride horse amongst giraffe and other wildlife.
Researching 1st Africa trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Taste of Dubai
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 5 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 6 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 7 Zambia Impressions
- 8 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 9 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 10 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour