I'm researching my first trip to Africa. This will be my #1 dream trip coming true. I want to travel sometime during June - Sept of 2006. I'm undecided about where to go - Eastern or Southern Africa. I've completed reading a book about Eastern Africa and about to start a book on Southern Africa. I'm trying to determine how I should book this trip. Do I use a travel agent or book directly though a safari outfitter? If I use an outfitter, how do I choose a reputable one? There are so many available on the Internet. I'd like to spend 2 - 3 weeks over there and include a couple of days of horseback riding amongst the wildlife. My budget is $4000 - $6000. I may be traveling by myself and I wonder if this is a safe thing to do. I’m open to staying in lodges, permanent tents or mobile tents. My main goal of this trip is to see wildlife and it would be a great thrill to be able to ride horse amongst giraffe and other wildlife.
Researching 1st Africa trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 Car Rentals in Israel
- 4 Morocco to portugal
- 5 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 6 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 7 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 8 Independence Day in Israel
- 9 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 10 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 11 Drinking on safari
- 12 Travelust
- 13 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 14 Shots for Morocco
- 15 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 16 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 17 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 20 Thinking about The Gambia
- 21 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 22 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 23 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 24 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 25 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”