I'm researching my first trip to Africa. This will be my #1 dream trip coming true. I want to travel sometime during June - Sept of 2006. I'm undecided about where to go - Eastern or Southern Africa. I've completed reading a book about Eastern Africa and about to start a book on Southern Africa. I'm trying to determine how I should book this trip. Do I use a travel agent or book directly though a safari outfitter? If I use an outfitter, how do I choose a reputable one? There are so many available on the Internet. I'd like to spend 2 - 3 weeks over there and include a couple of days of horseback riding amongst the wildlife. My budget is $4000 - $6000. I may be traveling by myself and I wonder if this is a safe thing to do. I’m open to staying in lodges, permanent tents or mobile tents. My main goal of this trip is to see wildlife and it would be a great thrill to be able to ride horse amongst giraffe and other wildlife.
Researching 1st Africa trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 2 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 5 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 6 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 7 Ebola and Morocco
- 8 Thompson Gazelle
- 9 Overland in West Africa
- 10 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 13 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 14 Morrocco and Cash
- 15 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 16 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 17 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 18 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 19 South Africa trip advices
- 20 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Tour to Morocco
- 23 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 24 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 25 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!