I'm researching my first trip to Africa. This will be my #1 dream trip coming true. I want to travel sometime during June - Sept of 2006. I'm undecided about where to go - Eastern or Southern Africa. I've completed reading a book about Eastern Africa and about to start a book on Southern Africa. I'm trying to determine how I should book this trip. Do I use a travel agent or book directly though a safari outfitter? If I use an outfitter, how do I choose a reputable one? There are so many available on the Internet. I'd like to spend 2 - 3 weeks over there and include a couple of days of horseback riding amongst the wildlife. My budget is $4000 - $6000. I may be traveling by myself and I wonder if this is a safe thing to do. I’m open to staying in lodges, permanent tents or mobile tents. My main goal of this trip is to see wildlife and it would be a great thrill to be able to ride horse amongst giraffe and other wildlife.
Researching 1st Africa trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trade stocks online
- 2 Morocco Advice
- 3 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 4 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 5 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 6 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 7 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 8 3-week tour at Egypt
- 9 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 10 Beirut
- 11 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 12 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 13 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 14 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 15 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 16 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 17 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 18 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 19 I'm going on safari for free!
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 Dubai first time
- 22 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 23 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 24 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 25 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites