I'm researching my first trip to Africa. This will be my #1 dream trip coming true. I want to travel sometime during June - Sept of 2006. I'm undecided about where to go - Eastern or Southern Africa. I've completed reading a book about Eastern Africa and about to start a book on Southern Africa. I'm trying to determine how I should book this trip. Do I use a travel agent or book directly though a safari outfitter? If I use an outfitter, how do I choose a reputable one? There are so many available on the Internet. I'd like to spend 2 - 3 weeks over there and include a couple of days of horseback riding amongst the wildlife. My budget is $4000 - $6000. I may be traveling by myself and I wonder if this is a safe thing to do. I’m open to staying in lodges, permanent tents or mobile tents. My main goal of this trip is to see wildlife and it would be a great thrill to be able to ride horse amongst giraffe and other wildlife.
Researching 1st Africa trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari on a budget!
- 2 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 3 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 4 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 5 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 6 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 7 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 8 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 9 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 10 Things to see in Dubai
- 11 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 15 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 16 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 17 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 18 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 19 Tips for Israel
- 20 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 21 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 22 Road To Morocco Tours
- 23 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 24 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 25 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV