We are going to SA in Feb. for 2 weeks. Arriving in Cape Town where we stay for 4 nights then renting a car and staying near Simon's Town for 3 nites before we travel the garden route and on to a Safari Lodge near Port Elizabeth for the last week. How important do you think it is to take a cell phone with us? We are in our mid 50's and will not be driving at night and will most likely not stray to far from well travelled areas. I see that phones can be rented at the airport but we really would want one only while we have the car. This would be used for emergency use only . At this point we plan on renting our car from Avis in Sea Point then returning it to the airport when we leave. We really don't want to be bothered with a phone but will do so if important. Thanks to all
Renting a Cell Phone in Cape Town
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 7 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 8 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 9 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 10 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 11 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 12 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 13 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 14 Uganda Travel Planning
- 15 Israel and Jordan
- 16 Green Season Safari Questions
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back