We are going to SA in Feb. for 2 weeks. Arriving in Cape Town where we stay for 4 nights then renting a car and staying near Simon's Town for 3 nites before we travel the garden route and on to a Safari Lodge near Port Elizabeth for the last week. How important do you think it is to take a cell phone with us? We are in our mid 50's and will not be driving at night and will most likely not stray to far from well travelled areas. I see that phones can be rented at the airport but we really would want one only while we have the car. This would be used for emergency use only . At this point we plan on renting our car from Avis in Sea Point then returning it to the airport when we leave. We really don't want to be bothered with a phone but will do so if important. Thanks to all
Renting a Cell Phone in Cape Town
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari and Beach in June
- 2 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 3 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 4 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 5 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 6 Help! First African safari!!!
- 7 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 8 Safari Cost Comparison
- 9 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 10 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 15 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 dubai for 5 days
- 18 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 19 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Bugs n' Botswana
- 22 Group Trip to Israel
- 23 My Trip to Palestine
- 24 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 25 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA