We are going to SA in Feb. for 2 weeks. Arriving in Cape Town where we stay for 4 nights then renting a car and staying near Simon's Town for 3 nites before we travel the garden route and on to a Safari Lodge near Port Elizabeth for the last week. How important do you think it is to take a cell phone with us? We are in our mid 50's and will not be driving at night and will most likely not stray to far from well travelled areas. I see that phones can be rented at the airport but we really would want one only while we have the car. This would be used for emergency use only . At this point we plan on renting our car from Avis in Sea Point then returning it to the airport when we leave. We really don't want to be bothered with a phone but will do so if important. Thanks to all
Renting a Cell Phone in Cape Town
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 2 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Good reads
- 5 Jordan tour operator !!
- 6 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 7 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 8 South Africa in February?
- 9 Morocco Advice
- 10 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 11 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 12 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 13 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 14 3-week tour at Egypt
- 15 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 16 Beirut
- 17 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 18 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 19 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 20 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 21 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 22 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 23 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 I'm going on safari for free!