My wife and I are in the middle east for one month this fall and we will have approximately 5 days in Syria. We're considering renting a car in Aleppo and dropping it off in Damascus so that we can explore some of the many sites in between. We are fairly independent travelers and have experience driving in places like Kenya, Italy, and Argentina, but this is our first time trip to the middle east. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Rental car in Syria: good or bad idea?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 6 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 MOROCCO SOLO
- 12 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 13 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 14 Looking for out of the way places
- 15 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 16 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 trip report, morocco
- 22 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 23 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 24 East Africa summer 2014
- 25 Cape Town Safety?