Please, help me with this question:
If my husband and I drive in South Africa through the Green Route, do we need to rent a SUV or 4x4 (4WD?) or is it ok to drive a car from the rental company category compact or economic?
Is it a safe road? Or would be be better off taking a tour?
To take a tour it would need to be a really bad road, because we love the freedom that it gives you to go on your own and only take tours for half a day when arriving to a new big city or special places.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://tophealthydiet.com/varitonil/
- 2 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 3 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 4 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 5 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 6 Duba activities - help deciding
- 7 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 8 Private Guide for Cairo
- 9 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 10 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 11 Texting from US to Israel
- 12 Itinerary Ideas
- 13 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 14 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 15 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 16 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 17 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 18 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 19 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 20 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 21 Passport pages stuck together
- 22 Self drive tour south africa
- 23 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 24 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 25 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?