My fiancé and I are planning a two week honeymoon trip to Africa, a 7 day private safari followed by a week at the beach. We would like to see a wide variety of animals, and hope to get lucky and see a migration as well. My understanding is that the best chance to see a migration would be in N Serengeti and or perhaps Kenya.
We will arrive on Oct 13th. I am thinking of doing two days in Tarangire at Olivers Camp, two days in Ngorongo with one night at Gibbs Farm and one night at Crater Lodge (if we can get in this late), and thinking of doing three days in N Serengeti at Suyan and Lemala camps, or maybe one of those nights in Kenya.
We were recommended Kiliwarrior by friends who have used them on a private tour and loved it.
Any thoughts on the itinerary? Where would be the best chance to see a migration, are we spending too much or not enough time in any place given the time of the year? Suggestions on camps (we would like to stay at a nice to higher end place)? Finally, does anyone have a strong recommendation for an operator with good connections at camps, and reasonable prices?
Thank you in advance for any advice. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 6 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 8 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 9 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?
Recommendations for northern circuit in october (migration viewing)