My fiancé and I are planning a two week honeymoon trip to Africa, a 7 day private safari followed by a week at the beach. We would like to see a wide variety of animals, and hope to get lucky and see a migration as well. My understanding is that the best chance to see a migration would be in N Serengeti and or perhaps Kenya.
We will arrive on Oct 13th. I am thinking of doing two days in Tarangire at Olivers Camp, two days in Ngorongo with one night at Gibbs Farm and one night at Crater Lodge (if we can get in this late), and thinking of doing three days in N Serengeti at Suyan and Lemala camps, or maybe one of those nights in Kenya.
We were recommended Kiliwarrior by friends who have used them on a private tour and loved it.
Any thoughts on the itinerary? Where would be the best chance to see a migration, are we spending too much or not enough time in any place given the time of the year? Suggestions on camps (we would like to stay at a nice to higher end place)? Finally, does anyone have a strong recommendation for an operator with good connections at camps, and reasonable prices?
Thank you in advance for any advice. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 2 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 3 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 4 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 7 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 8 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 9 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 10 Safari in South Africa
- 11 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 12 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 13 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 14 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 15 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 16 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 17 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 18 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 19 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 20 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 21 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 22 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 23 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 24 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 25 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
Recommendations for northern circuit in october (migration viewing)