My fiancé and I are planning a two week honeymoon trip to Africa, a 7 day private safari followed by a week at the beach. We would like to see a wide variety of animals, and hope to get lucky and see a migration as well. My understanding is that the best chance to see a migration would be in N Serengeti and or perhaps Kenya.
We will arrive on Oct 13th. I am thinking of doing two days in Tarangire at Olivers Camp, two days in Ngorongo with one night at Gibbs Farm and one night at Crater Lodge (if we can get in this late), and thinking of doing three days in N Serengeti at Suyan and Lemala camps, or maybe one of those nights in Kenya.
We were recommended Kiliwarrior by friends who have used them on a private tour and loved it.
Any thoughts on the itinerary? Where would be the best chance to see a migration, are we spending too much or not enough time in any place given the time of the year? Suggestions on camps (we would like to stay at a nice to higher end place)? Finally, does anyone have a strong recommendation for an operator with good connections at camps, and reasonable prices?
Thank you in advance for any advice. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/helix6/
- 2 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 3 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 4 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 5 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 6 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 7 honeymoon place
- 8 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 9 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 10 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 11 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 12 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 13 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 14 Yom Hazikaron
- 15 Yom Haatzmaut
- 16 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 17 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 18 recomendation on African Safari company
- 19 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 20 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 21 One extra day in Jordan
- 22 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 23 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 24 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 25 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
Recommendations for northern circuit in october (migration viewing)