My fiancé and I are planning a two week honeymoon trip to Africa, a 7 day private safari followed by a week at the beach. We would like to see a wide variety of animals, and hope to get lucky and see a migration as well. My understanding is that the best chance to see a migration would be in N Serengeti and or perhaps Kenya.
We will arrive on Oct 13th. I am thinking of doing two days in Tarangire at Olivers Camp, two days in Ngorongo with one night at Gibbs Farm and one night at Crater Lodge (if we can get in this late), and thinking of doing three days in N Serengeti at Suyan and Lemala camps, or maybe one of those nights in Kenya.
We were recommended Kiliwarrior by friends who have used them on a private tour and loved it.
Any thoughts on the itinerary? Where would be the best chance to see a migration, are we spending too much or not enough time in any place given the time of the year? Suggestions on camps (we would like to stay at a nice to higher end place)? Finally, does anyone have a strong recommendation for an operator with good connections at camps, and reasonable prices?
Thank you in advance for any advice. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Petra from Israel
- 2 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 3 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 4 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 7 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 10 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 11 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 14 Dubai Guide
- 15 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 18 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 19 Loldia House Kenya
- 20 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 21 Alexandria
- 22 kicheche compared to porini
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 25 Chefchaouen Report
Recommendations for northern circuit in october (migration viewing)