This was a FABULOUS trip! It was great value. Gate 1 was very organized, and did not disappoint at all--from booking to throughout the trip itself. The flight from JFK to DXB was excellent on Emirates Air. All the accomodations were very nice! The food was excellent, and there was a tremendous choice. The safari guide was outstanding! He was very knowledgeable, very patient, and he was concerned about us and our experience! The whole trip exceeded my expectations because I felt we got a lot for the money. The first lodge in Kigio was very "African" and fun! The animals--giraffe, zebra, warthogs, gazelle, hyena-- were beautiful! The nature walk was fun and informative! Keekorok Lodge in Masai Mara park was beautiful! It is a long, bumpy ride to get there, but it is WORTH it! The animals in the park were amazing, and we went on enough game rides to see a ton. The side trip to the Maasai village was fascinating! The visit to the giraffe conservancy and museum on the way back to Nairobi were really interesting and fun too! The second part of the trip--Dubai, was also incredible, and a total contrast to the way of life in rural Kenya! Dubai is a modern, immaculate, incredible city. The hotel was quite luxurious. The city tour and desert safari side trips were both great. I highly recommend this vacation. It was an amazing and unforgettable experience!!! You go from one end of the spectrum to the other, but the contrast is fun and "refreshing!"
Recommendation: Gate 1 Tour: 10 Day Affordable Kenya Safari with Dubai
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 3 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 6 Hotels in Nairobi
- 7 Novice Safari question
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 10 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 11 Quick question about Kenya..
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 14 Morocco in April 2014
- 15 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September