This was a FABULOUS trip! It was great value. Gate 1 was very organized, and did not disappoint at all--from booking to throughout the trip itself. The flight from JFK to DXB was excellent on Emirates Air. All the accomodations were very nice! The food was excellent, and there was a tremendous choice. The safari guide was outstanding! He was very knowledgeable, very patient, and he was concerned about us and our experience! The whole trip exceeded my expectations because I felt we got a lot for the money. The first lodge in Kigio was very "African" and fun! The animals--giraffe, zebra, warthogs, gazelle, hyena-- were beautiful! The nature walk was fun and informative! Keekorok Lodge in Masai Mara park was beautiful! It is a long, bumpy ride to get there, but it is WORTH it! The animals in the park were amazing, and we went on enough game rides to see a ton. The side trip to the Maasai village was fascinating! The visit to the giraffe conservancy and museum on the way back to Nairobi were really interesting and fun too! The second part of the trip--Dubai, was also incredible, and a total contrast to the way of life in rural Kenya! Dubai is a modern, immaculate, incredible city. The hotel was quite luxurious. The city tour and desert safari side trips were both great. I highly recommend this vacation. It was an amazing and unforgettable experience!!! You go from one end of the spectrum to the other, but the contrast is fun and "refreshing!"
Recommendation: Gate 1 Tour: 10 Day Affordable Kenya Safari with Dubai
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 2 Zambia Impressions
- 3 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 4 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 5 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 6 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 7 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 8 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 9 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 10 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 11 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 12 Dubai first time
- 13 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 14 Taste of Dubai
- 15 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015