This was a FABULOUS trip! It was great value. Gate 1 was very organized, and did not disappoint at all--from booking to throughout the trip itself. The flight from JFK to DXB was excellent on Emirates Air. All the accomodations were very nice! The food was excellent, and there was a tremendous choice. The safari guide was outstanding! He was very knowledgeable, very patient, and he was concerned about us and our experience! The whole trip exceeded my expectations because I felt we got a lot for the money. The first lodge in Kigio was very "African" and fun! The animals--giraffe, zebra, warthogs, gazelle, hyena-- were beautiful! The nature walk was fun and informative! Keekorok Lodge in Masai Mara park was beautiful! It is a long, bumpy ride to get there, but it is WORTH it! The animals in the park were amazing, and we went on enough game rides to see a ton. The side trip to the Maasai village was fascinating! The visit to the giraffe conservancy and museum on the way back to Nairobi were really interesting and fun too! The second part of the trip--Dubai, was also incredible, and a total contrast to the way of life in rural Kenya! Dubai is a modern, immaculate, incredible city. The hotel was quite luxurious. The city tour and desert safari side trips were both great. I highly recommend this vacation. It was an amazing and unforgettable experience!!! You go from one end of the spectrum to the other, but the contrast is fun and "refreshing!"
Recommendation: Gate 1 Tour: 10 Day Affordable Kenya Safari with Dubai
- 1 17 days in Israel our way
- 2 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 3 What about money?
- 4 Renting a car in Israel
- 5 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 6 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 7 10 days in south Africa
- 8 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 9 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 10 a week in africa
- 11 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 12 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 13 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 14 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 15 Accra airport
- 16 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 17 morocco
- 18 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 19 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 20 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 21 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 22 Trip extension from Cape town
- 23 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 24 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 25 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?