We are family of four from California (two young children aged 7 and 9 ) and have just spent our spring break in Egypt (April 2012). We have travelled extensively throughout the world but Egypt has been one of the most amazing trips we have taken. Egypt is a country overflowing with culture, beauty, and history. Our trip was made so remarkably memorable in a large part because of our tour guide Samir. Samir was extraordinarily knowledgeable, flexible, and accommodating. He was able to captivate an audience from young children to adults. He kept the children enthralled with treasure hunts and coins and challenged our conventional knowledge of Egyptian history. He even managed to discuss general lessons about life in for the sake of the kids. Our children loved Samir. He treated them as his own and even rolled down sand dunes and swam in the Nile River with them. Samir provided custom hand held service throughout; we were provided with an escort from moment we stepped into Cairo airport to when we left Egypt (even through customs and immigration), we were provided cell phones and an internet card for a nominal fee, and had a wonderful guide often from very early in the morning tto quite late in the day. Real Egypt offers many unique experiences that distinguish it from other convention tours. We took a beautiful camel ride behind the pyramids to the Sphinx (away from all the crowds), saw fascinating tombs that are not part of the main sites, gained insight into Egyptian culture with the Fangoon Art Center, enjoyed tea time with lectures about Egypt on a beautiful NIle River Cruise, and even experienced local home made meals from rooftops. Traveling with Samir is like traveling with family. Samir got us bug spray (even when we didn’t ask for it), made sure we were hydrated, advised us what to eat, and made sure that we took care of our health on the trip. We felt very safe in Egypt, but like any developing country, it can be daunting to navigate through. Samir made our travel as effortless as possible. He took us to a souvenir shop at the end that was very inexpensive and affordable- so do not waste any of your valuable time and energy beforetime. We chose Samir based on his excellent reviews on trip advisor and were so thankful we did. Samir is more than a tour guide. If you are planning a trip to Egypt (or even any neighboring countries), make sure you book with his agency, you will find yourself as pleased as we are.
Real Egypt Tour
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 3 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Hotels in Nairobi
- 6 Novice Safari question
- 7 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 8 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 9 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 10 Quick question about Kenya..
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 13 Morocco in April 2014
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September