We are family of four from California (two young children aged 7 and 9 ) and have just spent our spring break in Egypt (April 2012). We have travelled extensively throughout the world but Egypt has been one of the most amazing trips we have taken. Egypt is a country overflowing with culture, beauty, and history. Our trip was made so remarkably memorable in a large part because of our tour guide Samir. Samir was extraordinarily knowledgeable, flexible, and accommodating. He was able to captivate an audience from young children to adults. He kept the children enthralled with treasure hunts and coins and challenged our conventional knowledge of Egyptian history. He even managed to discuss general lessons about life in for the sake of the kids. Our children loved Samir. He treated them as his own and even rolled down sand dunes and swam in the Nile River with them. Samir provided custom hand held service throughout; we were provided with an escort from moment we stepped into Cairo airport to when we left Egypt (even through customs and immigration), we were provided cell phones and an internet card for a nominal fee, and had a wonderful guide often from very early in the morning tto quite late in the day. Real Egypt offers many unique experiences that distinguish it from other convention tours. We took a beautiful camel ride behind the pyramids to the Sphinx (away from all the crowds), saw fascinating tombs that are not part of the main sites, gained insight into Egyptian culture with the Fangoon Art Center, enjoyed tea time with lectures about Egypt on a beautiful NIle River Cruise, and even experienced local home made meals from rooftops. Traveling with Samir is like traveling with family. Samir got us bug spray (even when we didn’t ask for it), made sure we were hydrated, advised us what to eat, and made sure that we took care of our health on the trip. We felt very safe in Egypt, but like any developing country, it can be daunting to navigate through. Samir made our travel as effortless as possible. He took us to a souvenir shop at the end that was very inexpensive and affordable- so do not waste any of your valuable time and energy beforetime. We chose Samir based on his excellent reviews on trip advisor and were so thankful we did. Samir is more than a tour guide. If you are planning a trip to Egypt (or even any neighboring countries), make sure you book with his agency, you will find yourself as pleased as we are.
Real Egypt Tour
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 2 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Good reads
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 10 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 11 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 3-week tour at Egypt
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013