Easy question first - will American dollars be the only currency I need for a short gameviewing safari in Tanzania and a gorilla stay in Rwanda? My sister and I do spend a night in Arusha and a night in Kigali before we start the gorilla portion of our trip and at the end of the gorilla portion of our trip.
Next re the gorillas - we will have 3 walks in 3 days with the gorillas. Have read your 2009 report again Lynn and had not even considered that we may have a choice of which gorilla group we see, thought it was all based on your fitness level as to who went to which group. If we can choose, which groups should we be wanting to visit with? Is it still 7 gorilla groups and 8 visitors go to each group?
I did note Lynn, that all your walks seemed relatively easy and not overly long, so hoping that is the case for us although my sister Di, will be happy with hard mountain walks as she loves that type of walking while I prefer flat terrain for walking. Read a few reports on what was really useful but if anyone has a good tip I would love them to share it!
Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi airport
- 2 Dubai - Palm Island
- 3 Advice on Jordan/Masada Itinerary
- 4 Arabic language audio course
- 5 Egypt safe travel
- 6 Kenya/Tanzania Travel Buddies
- 7 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 8 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 9 UAE Desert Safari
- 10 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 11 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 12 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 13 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 14 South Africa in February?
- 15 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 16 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 17 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 18 Dubai first time
- 19 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 20 Zambia Impressions
- 21 Taste of Dubai
- 22 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 23 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 24 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 25 Johannesburg to Cape Town