My husband and I are planning a trip to Egypt in Jan. We typically do trips on our own, but feel that on this trip we would do better to have guided assistance. Our package includes a private guide while we're on the 3 night Sonesta St. George cruise. Should we keep the guide or go with the boat's sightseeing tours? We thought the cruise would give us a break from the 3-some we'll be on the rest of the days. What are pro's/con's of doing the boat-provided tours vs. having a private guide while on the boat tour? thank you,
Private guide on Nile cruise or go with boat tours?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 2 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 3 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 6 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 7 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 8 Charity begins at Home!
- 9 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls