Hello all -
We are planning a trip to southern Africa August 2014 and I would love some feedback on our initial itinerary (I say initial, because it always changes). We are fairly experienced "safari-goers" and the most important things for us are the quality of the wildlife experience and the guiding. I'm an avid photographer, so having a guide who understands photography is a plus. This will be our third trip to Southern Africa. Here is what we're thinking right now and some areas where I need your help.
Botswana - Duma Tau - 4 nights
Chitabe Lediba - 4 nights
Mobile camp - 4 nights (see questions below)
San or Jack's Camp -2 or 3 nights (see questions below)
South Africa - either Mala Mala or Londolozi - 4 or 5 nights (see questions below)
First of all, we are working with The Africa Adventure Company. This will be our 3 trip with them and we have had wonderful experience with them. They have recommended the Mobile Camp that they offer in the Khwai region. We have also looked into the Selinda Explorers Mobile Camp offered through Great Plains Conservation. Has anyone had any experience with either of these mobile camps? Also, it seems like I've read reviews in the past of the Khwai area in general, but can't remember much about it. Any opinions on this as an area to visit?
Regarding San or Jack's Camp....is August/September a good time to go? Is 2 nights enough time?
Mala Mala vs. Londolozi - what are your thoughts. At Mala Mala we were thinking that Sable Camp would be our choice. From the photos, Rattray's looks like a hotel. Am I missing something? We like a smaller property. We also like places that keep the number of guests in the vehicles to no more than 6 (preferably 4). At Londolozi, we're thinking either Tree or Granite Suites. Any opinions there?
We'll also be staying for a few days in J'burg for family reasons.
If anyone has any suggestions on our itinerary I'd really appreciate the advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South African Cities
- 2 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 3 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 4 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 7 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 8 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 9 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 10 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 11 where to go in africa
- 12 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 13 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 14 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 15 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 16 Help with bags
- 17 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 18 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 19 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 20 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 21 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 22 Israeli Tour Guides
- 23 Shopping in Morocco
- 24 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 25 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
Hello all -