Hello all -
We are planning a trip to southern Africa August 2014 and I would love some feedback on our initial itinerary (I say initial, because it always changes). We are fairly experienced "safari-goers" and the most important things for us are the quality of the wildlife experience and the guiding. I'm an avid photographer, so having a guide who understands photography is a plus. This will be our third trip to Southern Africa. Here is what we're thinking right now and some areas where I need your help.
Botswana - Duma Tau - 4 nights
Chitabe Lediba - 4 nights
Mobile camp - 4 nights (see questions below)
San or Jack's Camp -2 or 3 nights (see questions below)
South Africa - either Mala Mala or Londolozi - 4 or 5 nights (see questions below)
First of all, we are working with The Africa Adventure Company. This will be our 3 trip with them and we have had wonderful experience with them. They have recommended the Mobile Camp that they offer in the Khwai region. We have also looked into the Selinda Explorers Mobile Camp offered through Great Plains Conservation. Has anyone had any experience with either of these mobile camps? Also, it seems like I've read reviews in the past of the Khwai area in general, but can't remember much about it. Any opinions on this as an area to visit?
Regarding San or Jack's Camp....is August/September a good time to go? Is 2 nights enough time?
Mala Mala vs. Londolozi - what are your thoughts. At Mala Mala we were thinking that Sable Camp would be our choice. From the photos, Rattray's looks like a hotel. Am I missing something? We like a smaller property. We also like places that keep the number of guests in the vehicles to no more than 6 (preferably 4). At Londolozi, we're thinking either Tree or Granite Suites. Any opinions there?
We'll also be staying for a few days in J'burg for family reasons.
If anyone has any suggestions on our itinerary I'd really appreciate the advice.
Possible Southern Africa itinerary - would love feedback
Hello all -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Cape Town Safety?
- 3 first time family safari in August 2014
- 4 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 7 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 8 Sabi Sands camps
- 9 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 10 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 11 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 14 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 15 Tel Aviv beaches
- 16 trip report, morocco
- 17 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 20 Morocco for 2 nights
- 21 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 22 Hotels in Nairobi
- 23 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 24 Rwanda trip report
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)