Hello all -
We are planning a trip to southern Africa August 2014 and I would love some feedback on our initial itinerary (I say initial, because it always changes). We are fairly experienced "safari-goers" and the most important things for us are the quality of the wildlife experience and the guiding. I'm an avid photographer, so having a guide who understands photography is a plus. This will be our third trip to Southern Africa. Here is what we're thinking right now and some areas where I need your help.
Botswana - Duma Tau - 4 nights
Chitabe Lediba - 4 nights
Mobile camp - 4 nights (see questions below)
San or Jack's Camp -2 or 3 nights (see questions below)
South Africa - either Mala Mala or Londolozi - 4 or 5 nights (see questions below)
First of all, we are working with The Africa Adventure Company. This will be our 3 trip with them and we have had wonderful experience with them. They have recommended the Mobile Camp that they offer in the Khwai region. We have also looked into the Selinda Explorers Mobile Camp offered through Great Plains Conservation. Has anyone had any experience with either of these mobile camps? Also, it seems like I've read reviews in the past of the Khwai area in general, but can't remember much about it. Any opinions on this as an area to visit?
Regarding San or Jack's Camp....is August/September a good time to go? Is 2 nights enough time?
Mala Mala vs. Londolozi - what are your thoughts. At Mala Mala we were thinking that Sable Camp would be our choice. From the photos, Rattray's looks like a hotel. Am I missing something? We like a smaller property. We also like places that keep the number of guests in the vehicles to no more than 6 (preferably 4). At Londolozi, we're thinking either Tree or Granite Suites. Any opinions there?
We'll also be staying for a few days in J'burg for family reasons.
If anyone has any suggestions on our itinerary I'd really appreciate the advice.
Possible Southern Africa itinerary - would love feedback
Hello all -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 BUY FAKE PASSPORT (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 4 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 5 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 6 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 7 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 8 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 9 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 10 Charity begins at Home!
- 11 Sun Safaris
- 12 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 16 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 18 Tour to Morocco
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 21 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 22 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 23 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 24 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 25 Uganda again