Hello all -
We are planning a trip to southern Africa August 2014 and I would love some feedback on our initial itinerary (I say initial, because it always changes). We are fairly experienced "safari-goers" and the most important things for us are the quality of the wildlife experience and the guiding. I'm an avid photographer, so having a guide who understands photography is a plus. This will be our third trip to Southern Africa. Here is what we're thinking right now and some areas where I need your help.
Botswana - Duma Tau - 4 nights
Chitabe Lediba - 4 nights
Mobile camp - 4 nights (see questions below)
San or Jack's Camp -2 or 3 nights (see questions below)
South Africa - either Mala Mala or Londolozi - 4 or 5 nights (see questions below)
First of all, we are working with The Africa Adventure Company. This will be our 3 trip with them and we have had wonderful experience with them. They have recommended the Mobile Camp that they offer in the Khwai region. We have also looked into the Selinda Explorers Mobile Camp offered through Great Plains Conservation. Has anyone had any experience with either of these mobile camps? Also, it seems like I've read reviews in the past of the Khwai area in general, but can't remember much about it. Any opinions on this as an area to visit?
Regarding San or Jack's Camp....is August/September a good time to go? Is 2 nights enough time?
Mala Mala vs. Londolozi - what are your thoughts. At Mala Mala we were thinking that Sable Camp would be our choice. From the photos, Rattray's looks like a hotel. Am I missing something? We like a smaller property. We also like places that keep the number of guests in the vehicles to no more than 6 (preferably 4). At Londolozi, we're thinking either Tree or Granite Suites. Any opinions there?
We'll also be staying for a few days in J'burg for family reasons.
If anyone has any suggestions on our itinerary I'd really appreciate the advice.
Possible Southern Africa itinerary - would love feedback
Hello all -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Beirut
- 2 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 3 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 4 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 5 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 6 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 7 Morocco Advice
- 8 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 9 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 10 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 11 I'm going on safari for free!
- 12 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 13 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 14 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 17 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 18 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 19 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 20 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 21 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 22 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 23 16 day mixed trip
- 24 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 25 Canadian Insurance