We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 2 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 3 Namibia road conditions
- 4 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 5 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 6 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 7 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 8 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 9 Questions about Chobe
- 10 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 11 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 12 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 13 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 14 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 15 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 16 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 17 Ebola and Morocco
- 18 Thompson Gazelle
- 19 Overland in West Africa
- 20 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 21 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 22 Morrocco and Cash
- 23 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 24 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 25 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area