We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 2 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 3 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 4 Things to see in Dubai
- 5 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 6 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 7 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 8 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 12 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 13 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 14 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 15 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 16 Safari on a budget!
- 17 Tips for Israel
- 18 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 19 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 20 Road To Morocco Tours
- 21 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 22 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 23 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 24 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 25 Best time to visit Zanzibar?