We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Drinking on safari
- 2 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 3 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 4 Shots for Morocco
- 5 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 6 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 7 Travelust
- 8 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 9 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 10 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 11 South Africa in February?
- 12 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 13 Thinking about The Gambia
- 14 Independence Day in Israel
- 15 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 16 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 17 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 18 Morroco Travel Guide
- 19 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 20 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 21 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 22 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 23 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 24 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda 2015