We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Hotels in Iran
- 4 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 5 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 6 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 7 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 20 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 21 Dubai and/or Oman
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Independent travel to Morocco - English speaking driver and A/C car needed
- 24 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 25 Morocco Advice