We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 2 israel and petra
- 3 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 4 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Israel and Petra
- 7 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 8 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 11 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 12 Morocco for 2 nights
- 13 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 14 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tanzania Safari
- 17 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 18 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 19 Magnificant Morocco
- 20 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 23 World Travel Expert
- 24 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 25 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles