We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 2 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 3 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 6 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 7 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 8 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 9 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 10 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 11 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 12 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 13 Charity begins at Home!
- 14 Sun Safaris
- 15 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 16 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 17 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 18 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 19 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 20 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 21 Tour to Morocco
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 24 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 25 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.