We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 2 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 3 COME TO IRAN ...
- 4 Iran Info, Please
- 5 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 6 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 7 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 8 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 9 fez accommodation
- 10 what kind of phone
- 11 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 12 Johannesburg...?
- 13 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 14 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 15 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 16 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 17 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 18 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 19 Suggestions for a group tour
- 20 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 21 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 22 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 23 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai
- 24 Morocco: Presence of Armed Guards?
- 25 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries