We will be visiting our daughter, who is an International student at the University of Capetown, in late June/early July. We've already scheduled a 10-day safari in Botswana and are trying to decide how best to spend our remaining 1 1/2 weeks. We will surely spend four days in Capetown and the Winelands and perhaps another two days on the Garden Route. We were thinking of spending the rest of the time in the Blyde River Canyon area instead of the usual Vic Falls sidetrip. But we are getting really intrigued about maybe going Pony Trekking for two days in Lesotho instead. We're in our 50's, but are horse savvy and our daughter was a competitive rider in the States, so the ponies don't scare us. But spending 6-7 hrs a day in the saddle scares my aging body! And the sleeping accommodations sound a little primitive, even for people who like to camp. Also, the cold weather that time of year could dampen our fun. Has anyone our there done this excursion? It sounds like the one you'd talk about at dinner parties! Thanks for any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 2 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 3 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 4 Cape Town Trip
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 7 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 10 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 11 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 12 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 13 Eilat to Petra
- 14 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 15 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 16 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 17 Safaga activités
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 20 Jordan vacation
- 21 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 22 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 23 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 24 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 25 Serengeti self-drive camping trip