I am planning my trip to Morocco with my fiancee. We are well traveled in Europe, been in Israel adnd Egypt and Morocco is the first for us.
We will be going in December for about 10-12 days (still thinknig on it).
We will take flight from Marseilles to Casblanca which arrives 5pm so first night will be Casablance. We are interestedin highlights of Morocco plus Jewish History.
Here is itinerary a local Moroccan company suggested for us.
Day 1. arrival Casablance, overnight Hotel Kenzi Tower
Day 2. Casablanca 1/2 day tour, Hassan Mosque, synagogue. Conitnue to Fes visa Meknes and Volibulous. Question: Is it worth stoppig for lunch at Ricks Cafe or is it tourist trap? Also thinking to fit in Chefchaouen. Overnight Fes 2 nights Riad Fes
Day 3. Sightseeing of Fes, overnight Fes.
Day 4. Transfer from Fes to Merzouga via the Middle Atlas south of Erfoud. . Overnight deluxe camping in dunes of Erg Chebbi.
Day 5. Going frim Erfoud to Ourzazate. overnight Berber Palace
Day 6. Going to Marakech overnight Demuere d' Orient. The tour operator suggested 2 nights sightseeing in Marakech , I think 2 nights will be enough?
Day 7 . Marakech free day???
Day 8. Going to Essoura for 2 nights. Maybe 1? Dar Loussia
Day 9. Going to Atlas mountain, overnight Imlil Kasbah du Toubkal - did anyone stay there? Mostly experience mountains and Berber hspitality as it was described.
Day 10. transfer to Marakech airport for flight in the morning to Paris.
Any suggestions would be appreciated including advice on accommodations, I tried to include diversity of accommodations.
Please reveiw my Morocco itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 2 Morocco for 2 nights
- 3 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 4 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 5 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 6 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 7 Tanzania Safari
- 8 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 9 Israel and Petra
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Magnificant Morocco
- 12 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 israel and petra
- 15 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 16 Memory cards for camera
- 17 World Travel Expert
- 18 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 19 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 22 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 23 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 24 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 25 Uganda Trip Report May 2012