I am planning my trip to Morocco with my fiancee. We are well traveled in Europe, been in Israel adnd Egypt and Morocco is the first for us.
We will be going in December for about 10-12 days (still thinknig on it).
We will take flight from Marseilles to Casblanca which arrives 5pm so first night will be Casablance. We are interestedin highlights of Morocco plus Jewish History.
Here is itinerary a local Moroccan company suggested for us.
Day 1. arrival Casablance, overnight Hotel Kenzi Tower
Day 2. Casablanca 1/2 day tour, Hassan Mosque, synagogue. Conitnue to Fes visa Meknes and Volibulous. Question: Is it worth stoppig for lunch at Ricks Cafe or is it tourist trap? Also thinking to fit in Chefchaouen. Overnight Fes 2 nights Riad Fes
Day 3. Sightseeing of Fes, overnight Fes.
Day 4. Transfer from Fes to Merzouga via the Middle Atlas south of Erfoud. . Overnight deluxe camping in dunes of Erg Chebbi.
Day 5. Going frim Erfoud to Ourzazate. overnight Berber Palace
Day 6. Going to Marakech overnight Demuere d' Orient. The tour operator suggested 2 nights sightseeing in Marakech , I think 2 nights will be enough?
Day 7 . Marakech free day???
Day 8. Going to Essoura for 2 nights. Maybe 1? Dar Loussia
Day 9. Going to Atlas mountain, overnight Imlil Kasbah du Toubkal - did anyone stay there? Mostly experience mountains and Berber hspitality as it was described.
Day 10. transfer to Marakech airport for flight in the morning to Paris.
Any suggestions would be appreciated including advice on accommodations, I tried to include diversity of accommodations.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 2 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 3 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 4 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 7 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 8 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 9 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 10 Safari in South Africa
- 11 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 12 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 13 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 14 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 15 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 16 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 17 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 18 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 19 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 20 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 21 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 22 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 23 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 24 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 25 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise