I am planning my trip to Morocco with my fiancee. We are well traveled in Europe, been in Israel adnd Egypt and Morocco is the first for us.
We will be going in December for about 10-12 days (still thinknig on it).
We will take flight from Marseilles to Casblanca which arrives 5pm so first night will be Casablance. We are interestedin highlights of Morocco plus Jewish History.
Here is itinerary a local Moroccan company suggested for us.
Day 1. arrival Casablance, overnight Hotel Kenzi Tower
Day 2. Casablanca 1/2 day tour, Hassan Mosque, synagogue. Conitnue to Fes visa Meknes and Volibulous. Question: Is it worth stoppig for lunch at Ricks Cafe or is it tourist trap? Also thinking to fit in Chefchaouen. Overnight Fes 2 nights Riad Fes
Day 3. Sightseeing of Fes, overnight Fes.
Day 4. Transfer from Fes to Merzouga via the Middle Atlas south of Erfoud. . Overnight deluxe camping in dunes of Erg Chebbi.
Day 5. Going frim Erfoud to Ourzazate. overnight Berber Palace
Day 6. Going to Marakech overnight Demuere d' Orient. The tour operator suggested 2 nights sightseeing in Marakech , I think 2 nights will be enough?
Day 7 . Marakech free day???
Day 8. Going to Essoura for 2 nights. Maybe 1? Dar Loussia
Day 9. Going to Atlas mountain, overnight Imlil Kasbah du Toubkal - did anyone stay there? Mostly experience mountains and Berber hspitality as it was described.
Day 10. transfer to Marakech airport for flight in the morning to Paris.
Any suggestions would be appreciated including advice on accommodations, I tried to include diversity of accommodations.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementscart.com/nitric-muscle-uptake/
- 2 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 3 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 6 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 7 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 8 Alexandria
- 9 Dubai in 36 hours
- 10 good internet connection option Meknes
- 11 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 14 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 15 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 16 Mombasa recomendations please
- 17 Private tours in Morocco
- 18 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 19 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 20 First time to Africa-need help!
- 21 How do I know if a company is legit
- 22 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 23 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 24 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 25 Has anyone used this company in Uganda