I am planning my trip to Morocco with my fiancee. We are well traveled in Europe, been in Israel adnd Egypt and Morocco is the first for us.
We will be going in December for about 10-12 days (still thinknig on it).
We will take flight from Marseilles to Casblanca which arrives 5pm so first night will be Casablance. We are interestedin highlights of Morocco plus Jewish History.
Here is itinerary a local Moroccan company suggested for us.
Day 1. arrival Casablance, overnight Hotel Kenzi Tower
Day 2. Casablanca 1/2 day tour, Hassan Mosque, synagogue. Conitnue to Fes visa Meknes and Volibulous. Question: Is it worth stoppig for lunch at Ricks Cafe or is it tourist trap? Also thinking to fit in Chefchaouen. Overnight Fes 2 nights Riad Fes
Day 3. Sightseeing of Fes, overnight Fes.
Day 4. Transfer from Fes to Merzouga via the Middle Atlas south of Erfoud. . Overnight deluxe camping in dunes of Erg Chebbi.
Day 5. Going frim Erfoud to Ourzazate. overnight Berber Palace
Day 6. Going to Marakech overnight Demuere d' Orient. The tour operator suggested 2 nights sightseeing in Marakech , I think 2 nights will be enough?
Day 7 . Marakech free day???
Day 8. Going to Essoura for 2 nights. Maybe 1? Dar Loussia
Day 9. Going to Atlas mountain, overnight Imlil Kasbah du Toubkal - did anyone stay there? Mostly experience mountains and Berber hspitality as it was described.
Day 10. transfer to Marakech airport for flight in the morning to Paris.
Any suggestions would be appreciated including advice on accommodations, I tried to include diversity of accommodations.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 2 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 3 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 4 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 5 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 6 israel tour
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 9 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 10 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 11 Luxury train ride
- 12 Safety in Fes
- 13 Petra from Israel
- 14 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 15 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 16 Sim card mainly for data
- 17 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 18 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 19 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 20 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 21 Cape Town
- 22 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Travel to Cairo in July
- 25 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!