My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Road To Morocco Tours
- 2 Magnificant Morocco
- 3 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 4 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 5 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 6 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 7 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 8 Africa Film Festival
- 9 Is the migration early this year
- 10 Roar Africa reviews
- 11 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 12 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 13 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 14 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 15 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 16 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 17 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 18 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 19 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 20 Pulse Africa???
- 21 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 22 Safari luggage
- 23 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 24 Morocco Trip Report
- 25 Migration into the Mara early this year