My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4choice.com/nouvelle-beaute-serum/
- 2 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 3 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 4 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 5 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 6 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 7 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 8 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Cairo International Airport
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 16 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 17 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 18 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 19 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 20 Dubai Guide
- 21 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 24 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 25 Loldia House Kenya