My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Planning a trip around Africa
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 Bugs n' Botswana
- 7 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 8 Group Trip to Israel
- 9 My Trip to Palestine
- 10 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 11 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 12 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 13 My trip to Egypt .....
- 14 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 15 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 18 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 19 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 20 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 21 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 22 Homestay Accomodation
- 23 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 24 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 25 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia