My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best Travel Technology Company In India
- 2 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 3 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 4 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 5 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 6 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 7 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 8 el gouna or soma bay????
- 9 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 10 Safari photography help
- 11 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 12 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 13 Israel itinerary
- 14 Tanzania trip Advice
- 15 Malawi with kiddos
- 16 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 17 Local Tanzania companies
- 18 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania
- 19 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 20 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Dubai Trip Idea
- 22 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 23 S.A. - is it possible to have a secluded safari?
- 24 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 25 Lewa Safari Camp - 4 nights