My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 footwear for primate tracking
- 2 First Trip to Africa
- 3 13 nights in Morocco-itinerary help please
- 4 Renting a cell phone in Johannesburg aiport
- 5 22 Days at 4 Camps in Southern Tanzania - Ruaha and Selous
- 6 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 7 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Planned Itinerary and Questions-Morocco, April 2016
- 10 Morocco in October 2015
- 11 Remembering Palmyra
- 12 Morocco - 11 nights - comments on itinerary
- 13 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 14 Egypt - December 2008 - Trip Report
- 15 Short (7 days of less) four/five star level family safari
- 16 Naboisho Camp vs. Governor's Camp
- 17 Cote Divoire the heart of Africa
- 18 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 19 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 20 Umkumbe or Toro Yaka?
- 21 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 22 From Downtown Cairo to 10th ramdan city
- 23 Transit visa
- 24 Local Tanzania companies
- 25 Driver from Skukuza Airport to Sabi Sands