My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Planning a trip around Africa
- 1 Accra airport
- 2 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 3 17 days in Israel our way
- 4 a week in africa
- 5 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 6 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 7 morocco
- 8 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 9 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 10 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 11 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 12 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 13 Trip extension from Cape town
- 14 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 15 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 16 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 17 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 18 Lets talk cell phones & plans while in Tanzania
- 19 Visit visa for South Africa
- 20 Opinions on airlines BOS to NBO
- 21 What about money?
- 22 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 23 Jordan and Israel visit: Fly into Amman or Tel Aviv?
- 24 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 25 Gorillas - Rwanda or Uganda?