My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 2 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 3 Petra Wadi Rum
- 4 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 8 What is worth seeing in November?
- 9 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 10 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 11 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 12 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 13 Israeli Tour Guides
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 16 Masai Mara in May
- 17 Western Desert Itinerary
- 18 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 19 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 20 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 21 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 22 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 23 Trip to Merzouga
- 24 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 25 Uganda Visa