My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 주식거래량분석 주식거래량분석 n1inve.com
- 2 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 3 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 4 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 5 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 6 Buying merchandise
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Egypt January-February 2018
- 10 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 11 safari for the mobility impaired
- 12 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 13 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 14 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 15 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 16 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 17 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 18 Dining in Cape Town
- 19 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 20 Dubai plan
- 21 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 22 Israel with kids in August
- 23 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 24 Iran in May
- 25 South Africa in June