My friend and I are planning a 6 week trip to Africa next April/May. We have done a little research and have put together a basic plan. We arrive in Jo'burg and are looking to head straight to Kruger park for a 3-5 day sarfari. Then head north and drive up the costal side of Mozambique - we have had some beaches recommended there. Then we plan to head inland to malawi and spend a few days there and then onto Zambia and Vic falls, where we hope to spend a few days. We have been told that the Zimbabwe side is best to see the falls, but we have been advised to stay away from Zim at the moment and the Zambian side is fine.
Then our plan is to head back to Jo'burg via Botswana.
I was just hoping to get some feedback on this plan -
Whether this sounds like a decent plan/trip?
Is this feasible in 6 weeks?
can anyone recommend places to see and stay through these areas?
Also we have heard that hiring a car in South Africa to travel around with can be difficult through the borders and also expensive and may be better to buy a car?
Would really appreicate any comments/advice. Cheers
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Home Relocation Made A Lot Easier By Top End India Movers & Packers
- 2 Top 7 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Packers Movers in Pune
- 3 http://luxmuscle.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 4 SA itin review
- 5 Botswana safari in late November
- 6 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 7 Tipping on Safari
- 8 Ferry to Morocco
- 9 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 10 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 11 Cape Town -safety
- 12 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 13 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 14 Widerness Lodges
- 15 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 18 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 19 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 20 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 21 Lodge Feedback
- 22 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 23 Driving in South Africa
- 24 Help with 9 day itinerary - Essaouira or time in the desert
- 25 Itinerary Help - 9 Full days in Morocco