Can anyone help with this? I'm 66, reasonably active and fit, and hope to be in Africa (Dar es Saleem , Nairobi etc) mid Feb to late March 2013. Some, or possibly all, of this trip will be solo. I'm considering two weeks volunteering with an NGO agency,(where you pay and they cover all aspects of the experience) then some kind of two weeks travelling around inc. safari, and a beach/resort type thing (Zanzibar?) for about a week.I can fly in to Dar, and out of Nairobi, or even Johannesbug. I need to do all of this on a budget, as it's an extended trip and will be costly. Any suggestions?? Thanks A LOT in advance..if you can think of ANYTHING, I know it would help, not just with the practical planning but just visualizing how this can evolve and become a reality!!
Planning a 5 to 6 week trip to Tanzania/Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 t with his lieutenants, filtering all the
- 2 Ideas about the trip.
- 3 3 days in Teheran
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 6 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 7 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 8 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 9 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 10 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 11 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 12 Questions about Chobe
- 13 What camera to use on safari
- 14 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 15 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 16 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 17 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 18 To go to Israel or not?
- 19 Bidair at JNB
- 20 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 21 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 22 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 23 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 24 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 25 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration