I am planning a safari for my family (2 adults and 2 kids..10 & 8) to Kenya in December. I heard really good reviews for Gamewatchers through this website and am working with them. Based on what I'd like to do they gave me the following itiniery. Would really appreciate your feedback. As a family we don't like to rush things to much and nor do we want to move too much from one place to another. Schedule wise this sounds perfect for us but I'm really worried about the price. I've been quoted $6350 per adult and $3800 per child without airfare which is 20 grand. We are using miles for our tickets but taxes thro Lhr are setting us back almost$2000. Is this really worth it...?
Day 1: reach Nairobi late in the night and GW rep picks us up and takes us to Machushle house.
Day 2: Nairobi
Day:3 drive to Amboseli NP and stay in Porini camp for 2 nights
Day 5: fly to Porini rhino camp and stay 2 nights
Day 7: fly to Porini lion camp and stay 4 nights
Day.11 drive to intrepids Mara and stay for 2 nights. Late check out and fly directly to Nairobi for flight back to Los Angeles.
Are we spending way too much time in the Mara, will be bored out of our minds. Please....I have till Friday to decide, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Day5: fly to Porini Rhino camp
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Single traveler
- 2 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 3 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 4 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 5 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 6 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 7 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 8 Morocco Highlights
- 9 Uganda Trip Report
- 10 Money in Uganda
- 11 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 12 VISA for Mozambique
- 13 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 16 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 17 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 18 Best African Safari
- 19 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 20 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 21 beach visit after safari
- 22 Petra Wadi Rum
- 23 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 24 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 25 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
Planning 1st safari with Gamewatchers- would like your thoughts