I am planning a safari for my family (2 adults and 2 kids..10 & 8) to Kenya in December. I heard really good reviews for Gamewatchers through this website and am working with them. Based on what I'd like to do they gave me the following itiniery. Would really appreciate your feedback. As a family we don't like to rush things to much and nor do we want to move too much from one place to another. Schedule wise this sounds perfect for us but I'm really worried about the price. I've been quoted $6350 per adult and $3800 per child without airfare which is 20 grand. We are using miles for our tickets but taxes thro Lhr are setting us back almost$2000. Is this really worth it...?
Day 1: reach Nairobi late in the night and GW rep picks us up and takes us to Machushle house.
Day 2: Nairobi
Day:3 drive to Amboseli NP and stay in Porini camp for 2 nights
Day 5: fly to Porini rhino camp and stay 2 nights
Day 7: fly to Porini lion camp and stay 4 nights
Day.11 drive to intrepids Mara and stay for 2 nights. Late check out and fly directly to Nairobi for flight back to Los Angeles.
Are we spending way too much time in the Mara, will be bored out of our minds. Please....I have till Friday to decide, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Day5: fly to Porini Rhino camp
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Short S. African Safaris?
- 2 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 3 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 4 CAUTION! Do not deal with IRANIANVISA.COM
- 5 Isreal
- 6 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 7 Binocular rentals
- 8 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 9 Marrakech
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Dead Sea day trip
- 12 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 13 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 14 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 15 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 16 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 17 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 18 Itinerary Ideas
- 19 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 20 Travel to Botswana
- 21 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 22 Loldia House Kenya
- 23 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 24 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 25 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
Planning 1st safari with Gamewatchers- would like your thoughts