I am planning a safari for my family (2 adults and 2 kids..10 & 8) to Kenya in December. I heard really good reviews for Gamewatchers through this website and am working with them. Based on what I'd like to do they gave me the following itiniery. Would really appreciate your feedback. As a family we don't like to rush things to much and nor do we want to move too much from one place to another. Schedule wise this sounds perfect for us but I'm really worried about the price. I've been quoted $6350 per adult and $3800 per child without airfare which is 20 grand. We are using miles for our tickets but taxes thro Lhr are setting us back almost$2000. Is this really worth it...?
Day 1: reach Nairobi late in the night and GW rep picks us up and takes us to Machushle house.
Day 2: Nairobi
Day:3 drive to Amboseli NP and stay in Porini camp for 2 nights
Day 5: fly to Porini rhino camp and stay 2 nights
Day 7: fly to Porini lion camp and stay 4 nights
Day.11 drive to intrepids Mara and stay for 2 nights. Late check out and fly directly to Nairobi for flight back to Los Angeles.
Are we spending way too much time in the Mara, will be bored out of our minds. Please....I have till Friday to decide, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Day5: fly to Porini Rhino camp
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 2 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Alexandria
- 5 Dubai in 36 hours
- 6 good internet connection option Meknes
- 7 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 8 South Africa trip report
- 9 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 10 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security
Planning 1st safari with Gamewatchers- would like your thoughts