I am planning a safari for my family (2 adults and 2 kids..10 & 8) to Kenya in December. I heard really good reviews for Gamewatchers through this website and am working with them. Based on what I'd like to do they gave me the following itiniery. Would really appreciate your feedback. As a family we don't like to rush things to much and nor do we want to move too much from one place to another. Schedule wise this sounds perfect for us but I'm really worried about the price. I've been quoted $6350 per adult and $3800 per child without airfare which is 20 grand. We are using miles for our tickets but taxes thro Lhr are setting us back almost$2000. Is this really worth it...?
Day 1: reach Nairobi late in the night and GW rep picks us up and takes us to Machushle house.
Day 2: Nairobi
Day:3 drive to Amboseli NP and stay in Porini camp for 2 nights
Day 5: fly to Porini rhino camp and stay 2 nights
Day 7: fly to Porini lion camp and stay 4 nights
Day.11 drive to intrepids Mara and stay for 2 nights. Late check out and fly directly to Nairobi for flight back to Los Angeles.
Are we spending way too much time in the Mara, will be bored out of our minds. Please....I have till Friday to decide, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Day5: fly to Porini Rhino camp
Planning 1st safari with Gamewatchers- would like your thoughts
- 1 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 2 Safari Cost Comparison
- 3 Safari and Beach in June
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai