I am planning a safari for my family (2 adults and 2 kids..10 & 8) to Kenya in December. I heard really good reviews for Gamewatchers through this website and am working with them. Based on what I'd like to do they gave me the following itiniery. Would really appreciate your feedback. As a family we don't like to rush things to much and nor do we want to move too much from one place to another. Schedule wise this sounds perfect for us but I'm really worried about the price. I've been quoted $6350 per adult and $3800 per child without airfare which is 20 grand. We are using miles for our tickets but taxes thro Lhr are setting us back almost$2000. Is this really worth it...?
Day 1: reach Nairobi late in the night and GW rep picks us up and takes us to Machushle house.
Day 2: Nairobi
Day:3 drive to Amboseli NP and stay in Porini camp for 2 nights
Day 5: fly to Porini rhino camp and stay 2 nights
Day 7: fly to Porini lion camp and stay 4 nights
Day.11 drive to intrepids Mara and stay for 2 nights. Late check out and fly directly to Nairobi for flight back to Los Angeles.
Are we spending way too much time in the Mara, will be bored out of our minds. Please....I have till Friday to decide, PLEASE HELP!!!!
Day5: fly to Porini Rhino camp
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Money in Uganda
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 4 First trip to Africa
- 5 Uganda Visa
- 6 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 7 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 8 Private Guide for Cairo
- 9 Egypt - Need Help!
- 10 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 13 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 18 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 19 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 20 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 21 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 22 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 23 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 24 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 25 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
Planning 1st safari with Gamewatchers- would like your thoughts