My husband and I are in our late 50's and have a very finite travel budget. We are thinking of a Spring 2010 trip to Israel for the first time. Never been to the Middle East and this will be a once in a lifetime trip to the Middle East. As an add-on to Israel, would you go to Jordan (Amman and Petra) or would you go to Cairo and Luxor (with a 3 day Nile River Cruise)? We are looking at a Gate1 tour or Isram tour. While we are normally pretty independent travelers, I think for this area, I really want a guide and the economy of a packaged tour.
Petra/Amman or Cairo/Luxor as add-on to Israel Trip?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 2 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 Questions about Chobe
- 5 What camera to use on safari
- 6 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 7 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 8 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 9 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 10 To go to Israel or not?
- 11 Bidair at JNB
- 12 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 13 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 16 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 17 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 18 Dubai > Oman?
- 19 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 20 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 21 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 22 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 23 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 24 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 25 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp