I'll be in Israel in mid-August and have the opportunity for a short visit to Petra. Since I will be staying in Herzliya, I'll need to fly to Eilat, then join a tour up to Petra, stay overnight in Petra, then travel back to Eilat for the return flight to Ben Gurion. For this short visit at what will be a very hot time of the year, my costs will include round-trip airfare, hotel at Eilat, tour cost, border fees, and meals. My estimate: $800-$1,000. I'm sure Petra is interesting, but somehow the combination of August and substantial expense seem to be telling me that this is not a good idea. Am I missing something or should I view this as a "must" regardless of the timing and expense.
Petra in August: Seems expensive for a short visit
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 6 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 7 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 8 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 9 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 10 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 11 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 12 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 13 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 14 Uganda Travel Planning
- 15 Israel and Jordan
- 16 Green Season Safari Questions
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back