I'll be in Israel in mid-August and have the opportunity for a short visit to Petra. Since I will be staying in Herzliya, I'll need to fly to Eilat, then join a tour up to Petra, stay overnight in Petra, then travel back to Eilat for the return flight to Ben Gurion. For this short visit at what will be a very hot time of the year, my costs will include round-trip airfare, hotel at Eilat, tour cost, border fees, and meals. My estimate: $800-$1,000. I'm sure Petra is interesting, but somehow the combination of August and substantial expense seem to be telling me that this is not a good idea. Am I missing something or should I view this as a "must" regardless of the timing and expense.
Petra in August: Seems expensive for a short visit
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 My trip to Egypt .....
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 dubai for 5 days
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 8 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 9 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 10 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 11 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 12 Bugs n' Botswana
- 13 Group Trip to Israel
- 14 My Trip to Palestine
- 15 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 16 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 17 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 18 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 19 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 20 Safari and Beach in June
- 21 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 22 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 23 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation