I'll be in Israel in mid-August and have the opportunity for a short visit to Petra. Since I will be staying in Herzliya, I'll need to fly to Eilat, then join a tour up to Petra, stay overnight in Petra, then travel back to Eilat for the return flight to Ben Gurion. For this short visit at what will be a very hot time of the year, my costs will include round-trip airfare, hotel at Eilat, tour cost, border fees, and meals. My estimate: $800-$1,000. I'm sure Petra is interesting, but somehow the combination of August and substantial expense seem to be telling me that this is not a good idea. Am I missing something or should I view this as a "must" regardless of the timing and expense.
Petra in August: Seems expensive for a short visit
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 2 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 5 israel and petra
- 6 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 7 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 8 Israel and Petra
- 9 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 10 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 11 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 12 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 13 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 14 Morocco for 2 nights
- 15 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 16 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 17 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 18 Tanzania Safari
- 19 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Magnificant Morocco
- 22 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 23 Hotels in Nairobi
- 24 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 25 World Travel Expert