We will be visiting Israel and plan to drive from Jerusalem to the border crossing at Eyiat to spend 1 night/2days at Petra. I understand that we cannot take the rental car but must leave it at the border. Has anyone done this? Is the parking secure? Can we leave some luggage in the car? Also, how long is the drive from Jerusalum to the border crossing? Is it easy to hire a cab for the drive to Petra? How long is the drive? Will there be any time to see other sites?
Petra for 2 days, from Israel
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 2 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 3 Dubai first time
- 4 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Zambia Impressions
- 7 Taste of Dubai
- 8 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 9 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 10 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 13 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 14 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 15 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 16 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 17 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 18 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 19 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 20 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 21 Dubai and/or Oman
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 24 Morocco Advice
- 25 MOROCCO SOLO