I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ( OUTLOOK Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208 OUTLOOK Tec*h SUPP
- 2 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 3 Kenya/Tanzania
- 4 Dubai first time
- 5 2 nights in Dubai
- 6 16 hours in Qatar
- 7 Petra from Israel
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 A South African in Lusaka
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 12 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 13 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 16 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 17 Safari suggestions
- 18 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 19 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 20 Travel to Africa
- 21 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 22 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 23 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris
- 24 Just starting to contemplate a safari--pointers please
- 25 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?