I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Petra - Dana - Madaba Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 2 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 3 Things to see in Dubai
- 4 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 5 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 6 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 7 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 10 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 11 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 12 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 13 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 14 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 15 Safari on a budget!
- 16 Tips for Israel
- 17 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 18 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 19 Road To Morocco Tours
- 20 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 21 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 22 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 23 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 24 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 25 Rwanda