I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Petra - Dana - Madaba Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 2 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 3 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 4 what kind of phone
- 5 Small group tours in israel
- 6 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 7 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 8 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 9 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 10 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 11 Iran Info, Please
- 12 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 13 Safari on a budget!
- 14 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 15 fez accommodation
- 16 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 17 Egypt safe travel
- 18 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 19 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 20 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 21 Johannesburg...?
- 22 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 23 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 24 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 25 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids