I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 2 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 3 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 4 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 5 Namibia Itinerary
- 6 name issue
- 7 Israel for 10 days
- 8 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 9 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 10 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 11 experiences with African travel Resource
- 12 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 13 Madagascar suggestions
- 14 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 15 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 16 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 17 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 18 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 19 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 20 Single traveler
- 21 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 22 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 23 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 24 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 25 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report