I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 2 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 3 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 4 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 5 beach visit after safari
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 8 Petra Wadi Rum
- 9 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 12 What is worth seeing in November?
- 13 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 14 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 15 Israeli Tour Guides
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 18 Masai Mara in May
- 19 Western Desert Itinerary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 22 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 23 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 24 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 25 Trip to Merzouga