I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 2 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 3 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 Mombasa recomendations please
- 6 Private tours in Morocco
- 7 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 8 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 9 First time to Africa-need help!
- 10 How do I know if a company is legit
- 11 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 14 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 15 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 16 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 17 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 18 Ethiopian security
- 19 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 20 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 21 morocco
- 22 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 25 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay