I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Targin into Zambia
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 4 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 5 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 6 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 7 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 8 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 9 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 10 Safari suggestions
- 11 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 12 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 13 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 14 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 15 Passport question for International flight
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 Tour operator near me
- 18 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 19 Sim card mainly for data
- 20 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 21 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 22 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 23 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 24 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 25 9D8N Morocco Itinerary