I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Petra - Dana - Madaba Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tour to Morocco
- 2 Morrocco and Cash
- 3 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 4 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 5 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 6 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 7 South Africa trip advices
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 10 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 11 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 12 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 13 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 14 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 15 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 16 First time in Africa on safari
- 17 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 18 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 21 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 22 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 23 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 24 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 25 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014