I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 2 Zambia hunting for leopard & lion to start up again
- 3 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 4 Magnificant Morocco
- 5 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 6 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 7 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 8 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 9 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 10 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 11 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 12 Pulse Africa???
- 13 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 14 Safari luggage
- 15 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 16 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 17 Morocco Trip Report
- 18 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 19 Car Rentals in Israel
- 20 Walia Tours?
- 21 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 22 Kruger
- 23 Recommendaton for Transfer Company
- 24 Cape Town Itinerary
- 25 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?