I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 2 Suggestions Apprciated
- 3 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 4 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 5 help with itinerary please
- 6 South African tour operators
- 7 First time safari question
- 8 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 9 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 10 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 11 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 12 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 13 Swala Safaris
- 14 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 15 Dubai
- 16 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 17 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 18 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 19 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 20 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 21 Etosha help
- 22 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 23 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 24 private game reserve-kruger
- 25 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?