I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 2 purchased now bought countless headquartered
- 3 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 4 Good experience with Flarian in Dubai
- 5 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 6 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 7 Insect Repellent
- 8 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 9 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 10 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 11 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 12 house exchange
- 13 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 14 casablanca airport taxis
- 15 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 16 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 17 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 18 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 19 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 20 Tiberias with kids
- 21 Lion World
- 22 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 25 Mpumalanga visit