I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Petra - Dana - Madaba Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 2 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 3 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 4 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 5 Morocco Trip Report
- 6 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 7 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 8 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 9 Car Rentals in Israel
- 10 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 11 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 12 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 13 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 14 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 15 Johannesburg...?
- 16 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 17 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 18 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 19 Islands to spend holidays
- 20 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 21 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 22 Safari buddies - late August
- 23 Suggestions for a week in Dubai
- 24 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 25 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA