I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.strongtesterone.com/zygenx/
- 2 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 3 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 4 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 5 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 6 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 7 Marrakech
- 8 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 9 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 10 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 11 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 12 Audley Travel
- 13 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 14 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 15 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 18 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 19 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 20 Safari in South Africa
- 21 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 22 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 23 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 24 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 25 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report