I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco help
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 4 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 5 Israel Transportation
- 6 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 7 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 8 IRAN
- 9 First trip to Africa
- 10 Money in Uganda
- 11 Uganda Visa
- 12 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 13 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 14 Private Guide for Cairo
- 15 Egypt - Need Help!
- 16 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 17 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 18 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 19 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 20 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 21 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 22 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 23 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 24 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 25 "Salute Africa" travel agency