I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 2 alone get acclimation Tera Buy RS 2007 Gold
- 3 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 4 Need help with Camps Chitabe and Duma Tau
- 5 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 6 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 7 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 8 Starting to research safaris, how much detail?
- 9 Can anyone rival Micato Safaris?
- 10 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 11 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 12 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 13 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 14 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 15 Israel itinerary
- 16 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 17 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 18 Safari photography help
- 19 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 20 Travel within Africa
- 21 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 22 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 23 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 24 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 25 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!