I sort of had my itinerary figured out for a November trip to the Middle East, but want to post one more question.
I'm spending a week in Israel, and then the plans are to go to the Dana Reserve for two days, Petra for two days, and spend the remainder of the time with Madaba as a base. I am not sure whether to
(1) cross at the southern border and start with Petra, then Dana, then Madaba, basically moving north.
(2) Or cross at the Jerusalem border and take a taxi first to Dana, then to Petra, then the bus back up towards Amman.
Either way I hit the same places, but I'm trying to figure out which is the most cost-effective route. I don't want to rent a car so I'm reliant on taxi and buses. Crossing at the southern border basically means a stay in Eilat the night before, and possibly I could use Desert Eco Tours. (This seems a little pricey, but at least the logistics are taken care of and we get over the border quickly).
I really have no idea of taxi prices once in Jordan and how to get around to these different places. Once in Madaba the hotel I'm staying at will hopefully help arrange day trips, but until then, I'm on my own. Thanks for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.musclesupplement.org/testo-vital-review/
- 2 아시안카지노((☭))→ ＮＵB７６。ＣＯＭ ←((☭))다모아카지노
- 3 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 4 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 5 My recent trip to Kenya
- 6 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 7 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 8 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 9 Timing for Africa visit
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Morocco over Christmas
- 12 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 13 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 14 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 15 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 16 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 17 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 18 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 19 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 20 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 21 DOHA LAYOVER
- 22 Morocco Questions
- 23 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 24 Botswana safari recs
- 25 Tanzania vs. Botswana