Our sons are going to Namibia and Zambia (just Livingstone area) with us this summer, and the oldest is thinking of majoring in anthropology (college is a year off). Does anyone have suggestions as to books to read about the people of those areas, museums to see, etc.? We already have The Lost White Tribes (think that's the name) that has a chapter on the Basters and I believe there is a museum on our way to Soussusvlei from Windhoek - can't think of the name of the town.
Perhaps anthropology major
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 2 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 3 Evacuation Insurance
- 4 Johannesburg
- 5 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 6 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 7 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 8 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 11 Transiting through Cairo
- 12 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 13 South Africa in February?
- 14 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 15 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 16 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 17 Car Rentals in Israel
- 18 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 19 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 20 Morocco to portugal
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 24 Independence Day in Israel
- 25 Drinking on safari