It is cool to see the palm projects in Dubai via Google Earth. I was not aware that the building of the second one was come this far. It seems like the resolution of Dubai has gotten better. Now I can see the swimming pool on the roof of the hotel we stayed at We went there in 2002 (see http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ) but I would love to go back because it seems like it has changed a lot. Here is a picture taken from Google Earth: http://slowtalk.com/groupee/forums/a/ga/ul/1591018271/inlineimg/Y/palm_projects.JPG
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://elevategffacts.com/reluminize/
- 2 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 3 Morocco Trip Report
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Israel Transportation
- 10 Changing planes at Dubai
- 11 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 14 Morocco help
- 15 First trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 18 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 19 IRAN
- 20 Money in Uganda
- 21 Uganda Visa
- 22 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 23 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 24 Private Guide for Cairo
- 25 Egypt - Need Help!