In 2012 we did a 4 months bike trip starting from Spain, passing through Morocco, Mauritania, Mali, Senegal, Guinea, Gambia and the back to Spain. As we crossed many borders, had to do all the paperwork and visa formalities and did many kms I decided to gather all the practical information regarding the border crossing, visa application, paper work and any other important information specially for overlanders or even backpackers on on my blog.
You can check it out at the following link:
Hope you find it useful.
Happy travels in West Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 2 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 3 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 4 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 7 Morocco Highlights
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 Money in Uganda
- 10 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 11 VISA for Mozambique
- 12 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 15 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 16 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 17 Best African Safari
- 18 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 19 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 20 beach visit after safari
- 21 Petra Wadi Rum
- 22 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 23 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 24 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 25 What is worth seeing in November?