After years of thinking about it I will be going to Iran next week for a two week holiday. I will arrive in Tehran on saturday afternoon on the 19th of December and leave Tehran on the 3rd of January at 3 AM.
I was wondering if you have any advice on the following itinerary. I have searched the forum but would just like to hear any advice or tips you could give.
As far as I can see this packs most of the classic places to visit in Iran. Tehran might seem a bit much but when I arrive I only have sunday 21 december as a full day. I would like to see Golestan Palace, but it's not open on Sunday, so I would visit that on saturday the 2nd of January.
My main interests are Persepolis and Ishafan, though I would also spend a night in the desert or a village/oasis next to it. Do you think Fahraj is a good choice for this?
Any advice or alterations you could give would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 2 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 3 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 4 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 5 beach visit after safari
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 8 Petra Wadi Rum
- 9 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 12 What is worth seeing in November?
- 13 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 14 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 15 Israeli Tour Guides
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 18 Masai Mara in May
- 19 Western Desert Itinerary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 22 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 23 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 24 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 25 Trip to Merzouga