Hello helpful Fodorites
I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, picking up ideas, and enjoying the adventures.
Husband and I are mid fifties relatively fit (well we can walk a fair way) and have travelled a bit in South East Asia and Europe. Travel has been largely independant, although we're not averse to a small group.
I think easiest flights are into Johannesburg for us from Oz.
I'd like to take the train from Joberg to Capetown, spend say 5 nights there including some wine country, then head to Victoria Falls. Is two nights enough for Vic Falls ?
We want to see Ngorongoro crater somehow.
Then my planning gets a bit loose. We want to see some animals (any kind will do, though expect there will be variety) and not sure at this point whether we should join a small group tour, or organise a personalised tour via a safari operator. Also not sure where we should head next, thinking towards Joberg, but no flights are booked, so we could open jaw from somewhere else ??
Not averse to hiring a car in South Africa (although husband drives like a maniac, and I will need sedatives) .
Have I left it too late to try and self book this for May ?
What in country travel agents would you recommend ?
The budget is still under negotiation, we'd like hot water, private bathroom and no washing the dishes. Say $10K as a starting point, and I'll work on upwards (excluding fares to and from Oz).
Please don't tell me to go read a guide book - I have read LP, too many choices.
We like natural environments, good food, good wine, good company.
Hit me !
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 백경 릴게임온라인 ※☏접_속: scc883.컴 ※
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 4 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 5 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 6 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 10 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 11 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 israel tour
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Luxury train ride
- 18 Safety in Fes
- 19 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 20 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 24 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 25 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
Hello helpful Fodorites