My husband and I are considering Oman for a 7 to 10 day trip. Normally, we like to be active (have done some Backroads & other bike trips) but that can include hiking, biking, snorkeling as well as culture. We have been to Morocco so have done the tent in the sand but wondered what we can experience throughout the country. Do they have any sand skiing or surfing like Matt Lauer recently did in Namibia. Please provide any thoughts or good resources.
Oman...ideas for active travel?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 2 South Africa trip advices
- 3 Morrocco and Cash
- 4 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 5 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 6 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 7 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 8 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 9 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 10 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 11 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 12 First time in Africa on safari
- 13 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 14 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 15 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 16 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 17 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 18 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 19 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 20 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 21 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 22 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 23 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 24 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 25 Binoculars for safari