We are planning a mobile camping safari in Tanzania for november 2011, and would really appreciate some feedback on our proposed itinerary. Are we doing this the right way starting with Serengeti or should we do it some other way around?
Hiking in the Ngorongoro, has anybody tried that, what was your experience? Our aim with it is to get out of the car and really just enjoy beeing out on our own and see, smell and feel nature. We also have a day with the Hadzabe at Lake Eyasi which I have read quite a lot about, still a bit uncertain if this is right.
Our itinerary is:
>> dag 1: Serengeti (Seronera)
>> dag 2: Serengeti (Seronera)
>> dag 3: Serengeti (Lobo)
>> dag 4: Serengeti (Lobo)
>> dag 5: Serengeti (Ngorongoro)
>> dag 6: Ngorongoro-kratern
>> dag 7: Ngorongoro (Walking, Empakaai-crater, Olmoti-crater)
>> dag 8: Ngorongoro (Ilimisigiyo trail)
>> dag 9: Lake Eyasi ( visit Hadzabe)
>> dag 10: Tarangire
>> dag 11: Tarangire
The day before and after we will stay at Pamoja Expeditions Lodge in Arusha. Our operator is dahlsafaris, a small owner run safari company with a swedish owner living in Tanzania.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Changing planes at Dubai
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 4 Israel Transportation
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 9 Morocco Trip Report
- 10 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 11 Morocco help
- 12 First trip to Africa
- 13 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 14 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 15 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 16 IRAN
- 17 Money in Uganda
- 18 Uganda Visa
- 19 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 20 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 21 Private Guide for Cairo
- 22 Egypt - Need Help!
- 23 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 24 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 25 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014