I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seven Days Uganda Experience
- 2 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 3 ews absorbed into the layers of
- 4 nonetheless that that is damag
- 5 http://buysupplementsreview.com/hypertone-force/
- 6 Top Five Must-see Places in Addis Ababa
- 7 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/bellacelle-eye-cream/
- 8 http://www.ifirmationantiagingcream.com/nitrobuild-plus-avis/
- 9 Morocco Questions
- 10 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 11 Botswana safari recs
- 12 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 13 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 14 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 15 Botswana in January
- 16 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 17 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 18 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 19 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 20 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 21 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 22 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 23 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 24 2 days i n JO'burg
- 25 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA