I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mauritius info request please
- 2 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 3 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 4 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 5 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 6 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 7 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 8 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 9 WiFi on Safari
- 10 Travel within Africa
- 11 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 12 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 13 Israel itinerary planning
- 14 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 15 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 16 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 17 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 18 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 19 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 20 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 21 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 22 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 23 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 24 Need itineary planning help
- 25 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari