I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
northern Serengeti camping
- 1 River Cruise for Several Days in South Africa (or adjacent) ?
- 2 Best way to go from Morocco to Barcelona
- 3 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 4 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 5 17 days in Israel our way
- 6 Africa Safari
- 7 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 8 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 9 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 10 Tanzania in 2014
- 11 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 12 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 13 Morocco - private tour operators
- 14 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 15 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 16 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 17 Tangier - A four day city break
- 18 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 19 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 20 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 21 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 22 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 23 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 24 phone service
- 25 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air