I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 2 South African Cities
- 3 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 4 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 5 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 6 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 7 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 8 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 9 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 10 where to go in africa
- 11 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 12 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 13 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 14 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 15 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 16 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 17 Help with bags
- 18 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 19 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 20 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 21 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Israeli Tour Guides
- 24 Shopping in Morocco
- 25 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017