I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hiring Grand Taxi
- 2 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 3 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 5 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Safari In June
- 8 Business trip to Israel
- 9 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 10 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 11 honeymoon place
- 12 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 13 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 16 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 17 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 18 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 19 Yom Hazikaron
- 20 Yom Haatzmaut
- 21 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 22 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 23 recomendation on African Safari company
- 24 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 25 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016