I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 2 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 3 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 4 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 5 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 6 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Petra from Israel
- 9 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 10 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 israel tour
- 13 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 14 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 15 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 16 Luxury train ride
- 17 Safety in Fes
- 18 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 19 Sim card mainly for data
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 22 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 23 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 24 Cape Town
- 25 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst