I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 2 4 Days in Morocco Video
- 3 Madagascar suggestions
- 4 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 5 Israel for 10 days
- 6 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 7 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 8 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 9 experiences with African travel Resource
- 10 name issue
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 13 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 14 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 15 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 16 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 17 Single traveler
- 18 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 19 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 20 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 21 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 22 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 23 morocco help please
- 24 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 25 Botswana - Oct vs June