I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tipping...
- 2 Changing planes at Dubai
- 3 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Morocco Trip Report
- 8 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 9 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Israel Transportation
- 12 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 13 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 14 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 15 Morocco help
- 16 First trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 18 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 19 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 20 IRAN
- 21 Money in Uganda
- 22 Uganda Visa
- 23 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 24 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 25 Private Guide for Cairo