I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tipping on Safari
- 2 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 3 Cape Town
- 4 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 5 Widerness Lodges
- 6 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 7 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 8 Cape Town -safety
- 9 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 10 SA itin review
- 11 Botswana safari in late November
- 12 Ferry to Morocco
- 13 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 14 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 15 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 16 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 17 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 20 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 23 Lodge Feedback
- 24 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 25 Driving in South Africa