I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice: Te^ch SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 AOL MAIL
- 2 Safari suggestions
- 3 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 4 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 5 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 6 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 7 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 8 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 9 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 10 Passport question for International flight
- 11 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 12 Tour operator near me
- 13 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 14 Sim card mainly for data
- 15 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 16 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 17 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 18 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 19 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 20 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 21 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 22 Storing luggage in Johannesburg
- 23 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 24 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 25 Johannesburg