I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.nutritionofhealth.ca/max-ultra-test/
- 2 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 3 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 4 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 5 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 6 Dubai - 4 hours between flights, what can you do ??
- 7 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 8 Cairo International Airport
- 9 Petra from Israel
- 10 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 11 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 12 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 13 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 14 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 15 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 16 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 17 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 18 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 19 Dubai Guide
- 20 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 23 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 24 Loldia House Kenya
- 25 rekero and encounter mara vehicles