I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 3 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 4 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 5 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 6 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 7 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 8 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 9 Marrakech
- 10 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 11 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 12 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 13 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 14 Audley Travel
- 15 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 16 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 17 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 20 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Safari in South Africa
- 23 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 24 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 25 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!