I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 2 Safari photography help
- 3 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 4 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 5 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 6 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 7 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 8 Tanzania trip Advice
- 9 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 10 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 11 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 12 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 13 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 14 el gouna or soma bay????
- 15 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 16 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 17 Israel itinerary
- 18 Malawi with kiddos
- 19 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 20 Local Tanzania companies
- 21 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania
- 22 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 23 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 24 Dubai Trip Idea
- 25 S.A. - is it possible to have a secluded safari?