I am trying to organize a one month self-drive safari in August 2013. I have some difficulty finding camp sites in the northern section of the Serengeti for 6 nights of our trip, the rest of our trip is booked. TANAPA informed me that there are no special camp sites available for that time in the northern section of the Serengeti. The area I am hoping to stay would be around the southern shore of the Mara river so I could access the Lamai wedge or do day drives along the Mara river or Bologonja and Wogakuria regions.
I thought of a couple of alternatives and your advise would be very helpful.
1. Camp in the northern section of Lobo region (I think this would be too much driving).
2. Maybe one of the mobile camps would let me utilize their location for camping for a fee??
3. I could use a public campsite at or near one of the park gates in the north? I tried to find this on line but so far no luck...
Any advise/help would be welcome and appreciated. Cheers.
northern Serengeti camping
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 2 Beirut
- 3 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 4 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 5 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 6 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 7 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 10 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 11 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 12 I'm going on safari for free!
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 15 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 16 Dubai first time
- 17 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 18 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 19 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 20 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 21 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 22 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 23 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 24 16 day mixed trip
- 25 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014