My husband and I are very good at doing independent travel. We are hoping to do a short trip to Israel (7-8 days), and rent a car but also include some active travel in the form of hiking and biking. Neither of us is Jewish but we do love history and culture. First, what are some sites that are must sees in northern Israel? Are there wineries available to visit? Some suggestions for lodging, dining, etc.? My husband also mentioned visiting a Bedoin camp. We did an overnight stay in the Moroccan desert -- will this be any different? Looking forward to some insight on this part of the world!
Northern Israel, Active Vacation Ideas for September?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Water fun under the sun
- 2 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 Morrocco and Cash
- 5 South Africa trip advices
- 6 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 7 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 13 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 14 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 15 First time in Africa on safari
- 16 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 17 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 18 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 21 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 22 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 23 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 24 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 25 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014