My husband and I are very good at doing independent travel. We are hoping to do a short trip to Israel (7-8 days), and rent a car but also include some active travel in the form of hiking and biking. Neither of us is Jewish but we do love history and culture. First, what are some sites that are must sees in northern Israel? Are there wineries available to visit? Some suggestions for lodging, dining, etc.? My husband also mentioned visiting a Bedoin camp. We did an overnight stay in the Moroccan desert -- will this be any different? Looking forward to some insight on this part of the world!
Northern Israel, Active Vacation Ideas for September?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 2 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 3 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 4 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 5 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 6 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 7 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 8 Things to see in Dubai
- 9 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 10 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 14 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 15 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 16 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 17 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 18 Safari on a budget!
- 19 Tips for Israel
- 20 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 21 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 22 Road To Morocco Tours
- 23 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 24 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 25 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV