Recently came back from my safari to Tanzania. Detailed (very long and detailed ramblings alert) can be found on this link from SafariTalk
Safari planned by Bill Given from The Wild Source and guided by Deo Magoye- Bill's Tanzanian operations' partner. A big thanks to the whole Fodors regular gang, for giving me the idea to touch base with Bill and also the many inputs on Dunia, dropping 1 day from crater etc. Every advice given to me on my Tanzania planning thread was spot on and a heartfelt thanks to Bill & Deo for making this first safari so memorable!
Itinerary ( 2nd September to 17th September)
-2 nights Olakira, N. Serengeti
-5 nighs Sayari, N. Serengeti
-3 nights Dunia Camp, S.C. Serengeti
-2 nights Lemala Ngorongoro, crater rim
-3 nights Oliver's camp, Tarangire
Northern circuit, Tanzania ; a first safari perspective
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Uganda Travel Planning
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 One night stay between Johannesburg and Kruger
- 4 East Africa summer 2014
- 5 Taking SA rental car into Zimbabwe and/or Botswana
- 6 guide/tent location recommendations for Botswana?
- 7 South Africa, Namibia plans
- 8 3 weeks in Zimbabwe with a rented Jeep - our experience
- 9 Amboseli NP in Kenya vs Tarangire NP in Tanzania
- 10 Want to avoid single supplement? Me too...
- 11 Dubai and Bangkok
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Novice Safari question
- 14 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 15 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 16 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 17 Hotels in Nairobi
- 18 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 19 Remote Rivers Tours-Madagascar
- 20 Morocco in April 2014
- 21 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 22 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 23 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 24 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 25 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June