This link not only shows a flight schedule for seemingly every scheduled flight but it also shows the company and price.
I think that I will fly into Lusaka from Cape Town (connecting in JNB) and then catch a connecting flight into Mfuwe. The one way flight from Lusaka to Mfuwe is $160 USD per person. I will probably stay 4 nights at Chichele Presidential Lodge.
To get to Lower Zambezi National Park, I don't have to be bothered with going back to Lusaka because there is a connecting flight right from Mfuwe to Jeki for $200 USD per person. I will likely stay 3 nights at Kulefu Tented Camp (Star Of Africa lodge).
From Jeki, it will be a small $75 USD per person donation to get back to Lusaka to catch my connecting flight home.
I hate to skip Livingstone/Victoria Falls, but unless I extend my trip for a couple days or lose a paid couple days in Joburg, then I don't see how else to do it.
I have to make the choice between Lower Zambezi and Victoria Falls/Livingstone and I was just in the Vic Falls area last year on the Zimbabwean side at Matetsi (50 kms upstream of Victoria Falls).
Armed with this knowledge, I think I can shave a lot of the price of my trip, although some of it will be at the expense of skipping Livingstone which has some incredible lodges including The River Club, Sussi&Chuma and Tongabezi.
The new price for two people sharing of this trip if I follow the above itenerary is:
Int. Air, LAX-CPT, JNB-LAX: $2,600 USD
Domestic Air, CPT-Lusaka-JNB: $1,000 USD
Domestic Air, Lusaka-Mfuwe: $320 USD
Domestic Air, Mfuwe-Jeki: $400 USD
Domestic Air, Jeki-Lusaka: $150 USD
South Luangwa, Chichele Presidential Lodge, Star Of Africa, 4 Nights: $2,400 USD
Lower Zambezi National Park, Kulefu Tented Camp, Star of Africa, 3 Nights: $1,800 USD
Cape Town, Twelve Apostles Hotel, 4 Nights: $570 USD
Johannesburg, Michelangelo Hotel, 4 Nights: $620 USD
Tips, etc.: $140 USD
Total African holiday: $10,000
Nice link showing flights into/out of Zambia...
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 3 Tanzania in 2014
- 4 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 5 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 6 phone service
- 7 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 8 Living in Morocco.
- 9 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 10 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 11 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 12 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 13 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 14 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 15 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 16 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 17 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 18 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 20 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 21 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 22 Africa Safari
- 23 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 24 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 25 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab