My family and I are traveling to Tanzania for a Family safari in December over Christmas with Tauck and we are transiting through Nairobi. My kids are 8 and 13. With the recent pick-up in terrorist threats, the kidnapping/murder on the Kenyan coast yesterday, and the ongoing drought and famine in the region, I am really starting to get nervous about our trip. Can anyone give me any words of encouragement? Did anyone ever feel threatened or nervous at any time? Did anyone that traveled with children have any issues? I want to go and thoroughly enjoy this once in a lifetime excursion but not be stressed out the whole time I'm there. Thanks so much for any input you can give me!
Nervous about traveling to Tanzania
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 My trip to Egypt .....
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 dubai for 5 days
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 8 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 9 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 10 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 11 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 12 Bugs n' Botswana
- 13 Group Trip to Israel
- 14 My Trip to Palestine
- 15 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 16 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 17 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 18 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 19 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 20 Safari and Beach in June
- 21 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 22 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 23 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation