My family and I are traveling to Tanzania for a Family safari in December over Christmas with Tauck and we are transiting through Nairobi. My kids are 8 and 13. With the recent pick-up in terrorist threats, the kidnapping/murder on the Kenyan coast yesterday, and the ongoing drought and famine in the region, I am really starting to get nervous about our trip. Can anyone give me any words of encouragement? Did anyone ever feel threatened or nervous at any time? Did anyone that traveled with children have any issues? I want to go and thoroughly enjoy this once in a lifetime excursion but not be stressed out the whole time I'm there. Thanks so much for any input you can give me!
Nervous about traveling to Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 2 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 3 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 4 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 7 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 8 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 9 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 10 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 11 Dubai first time
- 12 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 13 Taste of Dubai
- 14 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 15 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 16 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 17 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Independent travel to Morocco - English speaking driver and A/C car needed
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015