My family and I are traveling to Tanzania for a Family safari in December over Christmas with Tauck and we are transiting through Nairobi. My kids are 8 and 13. With the recent pick-up in terrorist threats, the kidnapping/murder on the Kenyan coast yesterday, and the ongoing drought and famine in the region, I am really starting to get nervous about our trip. Can anyone give me any words of encouragement? Did anyone ever feel threatened or nervous at any time? Did anyone that traveled with children have any issues? I want to go and thoroughly enjoy this once in a lifetime excursion but not be stressed out the whole time I'm there. Thanks so much for any input you can give me!
Nervous about traveling to Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 2 Looking for out of the way places
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 5 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 6 Tanzania Safari
- 7 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 8 Sabi Sands camps
- 9 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 10 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 11 trip report, morocco
- 12 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 13 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 14 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 15 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 16 East Africa summer 2014
- 17 Cape Town Safety?
- 18 first time family safari in August 2014
- 19 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 20 Memory cards for camera
- 21 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 22 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 23 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 24 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 25 Help with Rwanda trip