My family and I are traveling to Tanzania for a Family safari in December over Christmas with Tauck and we are transiting through Nairobi. My kids are 8 and 13. With the recent pick-up in terrorist threats, the kidnapping/murder on the Kenyan coast yesterday, and the ongoing drought and famine in the region, I am really starting to get nervous about our trip. Can anyone give me any words of encouragement? Did anyone ever feel threatened or nervous at any time? Did anyone that traveled with children have any issues? I want to go and thoroughly enjoy this once in a lifetime excursion but not be stressed out the whole time I'm there. Thanks so much for any input you can give me!
Nervous about traveling to Tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Novice Safari question
- 5 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 6 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 Quick question about Kenya..
- 9 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 10 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 11 Morocco in April 2014
- 12 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 13 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 14 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 15 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 16 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 17 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 18 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 19 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 20 Uganda Travel Planning
- 21 Israel and Jordan
- 22 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 23 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 24 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 25 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner