Dear fellow Travellers:
I am a 31 year old guy. I would appreciate some great feedback regarding my Africa travel itinerary. I have never been in Africa and will be there for 4 weeks arriving in Capetown on Monday. I want to stay in the Southern part of Africa limiting my stay to South Africa and possibly Namibia, Botswana, and maybe Zimbabwe.
However, I am on a tight budget and will be travelling by myself. So not all these countries are a must at all. I am thinking that I want to stay in Capetown for a week and a half to two weeks. I am totally confused with regard to my itinerary for the rest of my stay.
I am somehwat intimidated by the huge distance between these countries and the prospects of renting a car and driving around on my own. I think it would seem kind of lonely and dangerous driving around alone in unfamiliar territory in the middle of nowhere, but at the same time, I am open to it.
A friend of mine suggested the following itinerary: Stay one and a half to two weeks in Capetown, then do namibia, 6 days or so, etosha national park, the skeleton coast, the highest duen in the world, all worth it. I would go from namibia to botswana, see the okavango delat and then victoria falls and fly to j-burg and go to kruger national park. I would do part fo the garden route, st elisabeth to capetown, perhaps before stop in swaziland.
However, the distances seem huge and hectic. Then again since I am already in Africa, I would like to be able to see a lot. I am torn and clueless. I have the following questions and would greatly appreciate your advice:
1) How much time should I plan for Cape Town?
2) What do you think of this suggested itinerary by my friend?...any suggestions?
3) What is the best way to go see these sights without having to drive too much? I mean is it best to
fly from Capetown to Namibia...and then to Botswana etc?
4) Is it dangerous to travel and drive around in these countries on my own?
5) If I were to fly from Capetown to Namibia and wanted to see etosha national park, the skeleton
coast, the highest duen in the world...where would be the best place to fly into in Namibia?
6) Same question for flying from Namibia to Botswana?
7) Are there also busses or trains between these locations and countries and are they safe and
8) As you can see...I have no idea...so any information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Look forward to your reply and answer to my questions.
Thanks so much.
Need Help with my Africa Travel Itinerary
Dear fellow Travellers:
- 1 Help! First African safari!!!
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Safari Cost Comparison
- 4 dubai for 5 days
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 8 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 11 Bugs n' Botswana
- 12 Group Trip to Israel
- 13 My Trip to Palestine
- 14 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 15 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 16 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 17 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 18 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 19 Safari and Beach in June
- 20 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 21 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 22 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation