Hi all -
My family and I (large group) will be arriving in Israel in mid-August. Many of us 8 adults & 5 children will be taking a trip to Petra August 26-27 from Jerusalem. I have been in contact with Isram tours and Desert Eco Tours (comments on tour operators). Originally we planned on going over the Allenby Bridge Crossing but it now seems that the Eilat/Aqaba Crossing is a better choice. First, does it make sense (cost & time) to rent a bus to take us down to Eilat from Jerusalem or fly from Tel Aviv into Eilat? The plan is to cross over into Jordan the afternoon of 8/26 visit Wadi Rum and then overnight near Petra. Any hotel recommendations would be great (Taybet Zaman, Movenpick and Crown Plaza).
Monday, 8/27 we will be touring Petra... that evening most of the family will be returning to Tel Aviv via Eilat... flying I assume.
My wife and I and 2 children will be departing for Egypt for a few days before returning to Tel Aviv on 8/31. One tour operator suggested that we hire someone to drive us from Eilat on 8/27 to Cairo. He said it would take about 4 hours. The other tour operator said it was more like 10 hours to drive... not certain I believe either of them. The only other options are to have someone drive us to Amman and fly to Cairo or drive to Sharm el Sheikh and fly Egyptair to Cairo. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
We plan to stay at the Le Meridien Pyramids.
8/28 visit Pyramids/Sphinx in the a.m., relax in the afternoon and maybe visit Mohamed Al mosque and the market of Han El Halili in the late afternoon/evening.
8/29 a.m. flight to Luxor, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and then return that evening to Cairo.
8/30 Egyptian & Solar Boat Museum and tour Cairo
8/31 Early a.m. El Al flight from Cairo - Tel Aviv.
I appreciate your comments and help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 USS $ or RAN in South Africa
- 2 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 3 Single traveler
- 4 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 5 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 6 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 7 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 8 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 9 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 10 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 11 Viator tour company
- 12 tours in Johannesburg
- 13 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 South African Cities
- 16 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 17 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 18 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 19 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 20 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 21 where to go in africa
- 22 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 23 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 24 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 25 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
Hi all -