Hi all -
My family and I (large group) will be arriving in Israel in mid-August. Many of us 8 adults & 5 children will be taking a trip to Petra August 26-27 from Jerusalem. I have been in contact with Isram tours and Desert Eco Tours (comments on tour operators). Originally we planned on going over the Allenby Bridge Crossing but it now seems that the Eilat/Aqaba Crossing is a better choice. First, does it make sense (cost & time) to rent a bus to take us down to Eilat from Jerusalem or fly from Tel Aviv into Eilat? The plan is to cross over into Jordan the afternoon of 8/26 visit Wadi Rum and then overnight near Petra. Any hotel recommendations would be great (Taybet Zaman, Movenpick and Crown Plaza).
Monday, 8/27 we will be touring Petra... that evening most of the family will be returning to Tel Aviv via Eilat... flying I assume.
My wife and I and 2 children will be departing for Egypt for a few days before returning to Tel Aviv on 8/31. One tour operator suggested that we hire someone to drive us from Eilat on 8/27 to Cairo. He said it would take about 4 hours. The other tour operator said it was more like 10 hours to drive... not certain I believe either of them. The only other options are to have someone drive us to Amman and fly to Cairo or drive to Sharm el Sheikh and fly Egyptair to Cairo. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
We plan to stay at the Le Meridien Pyramids.
8/28 visit Pyramids/Sphinx in the a.m., relax in the afternoon and maybe visit Mohamed Al mosque and the market of Han El Halili in the late afternoon/evening.
8/29 a.m. flight to Luxor, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and then return that evening to Cairo.
8/30 Egyptian & Solar Boat Museum and tour Cairo
8/31 Early a.m. El Al flight from Cairo - Tel Aviv.
I appreciate your comments and help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 2 Hotel Ibis Casa Voyageurs - closed
- 3 Morocco arrival information
- 4 Spain and Morocco over 90 Days
- 5 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 6 help with itinerary please
- 7 advise on joburg pls!
- 8 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 9 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 10 12 days Cape Town and Pilanesburg Itinerary help
- 11 Cape Town weather dependent activities
- 12 Luggage restrictions
- 13 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 14 Where to holiday in late June/early July 2017?
- 15 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 16 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 17 Township Tour Guide
- 18 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 19 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 20 ISRAEL TRIP
- 21 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 22 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 23 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 24 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 25 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
Hi all -