Hi all -
My family and I (large group) will be arriving in Israel in mid-August. Many of us 8 adults & 5 children will be taking a trip to Petra August 26-27 from Jerusalem. I have been in contact with Isram tours and Desert Eco Tours (comments on tour operators). Originally we planned on going over the Allenby Bridge Crossing but it now seems that the Eilat/Aqaba Crossing is a better choice. First, does it make sense (cost & time) to rent a bus to take us down to Eilat from Jerusalem or fly from Tel Aviv into Eilat? The plan is to cross over into Jordan the afternoon of 8/26 visit Wadi Rum and then overnight near Petra. Any hotel recommendations would be great (Taybet Zaman, Movenpick and Crown Plaza).
Monday, 8/27 we will be touring Petra... that evening most of the family will be returning to Tel Aviv via Eilat... flying I assume.
My wife and I and 2 children will be departing for Egypt for a few days before returning to Tel Aviv on 8/31. One tour operator suggested that we hire someone to drive us from Eilat on 8/27 to Cairo. He said it would take about 4 hours. The other tour operator said it was more like 10 hours to drive... not certain I believe either of them. The only other options are to have someone drive us to Amman and fly to Cairo or drive to Sharm el Sheikh and fly Egyptair to Cairo. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
We plan to stay at the Le Meridien Pyramids.
8/28 visit Pyramids/Sphinx in the a.m., relax in the afternoon and maybe visit Mohamed Al mosque and the market of Han El Halili in the late afternoon/evening.
8/29 a.m. flight to Luxor, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and then return that evening to Cairo.
8/30 Egyptian & Solar Boat Museum and tour Cairo
8/31 Early a.m. El Al flight from Cairo - Tel Aviv.
I appreciate your comments and help.
Need help with Israel, Petra and Egypt tour
Hi all -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 4 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 5 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 6 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 7 Dubai first time
- 8 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 9 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 10 Zambia Impressions
- 11 Taste of Dubai
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 14 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 15 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 16 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 17 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 18 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 19 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 22 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 23 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 24 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 25 Dubai and/or Oman