Hi all -
My family and I (large group) will be arriving in Israel in mid-August. Many of us 8 adults & 5 children will be taking a trip to Petra August 26-27 from Jerusalem. I have been in contact with Isram tours and Desert Eco Tours (comments on tour operators). Originally we planned on going over the Allenby Bridge Crossing but it now seems that the Eilat/Aqaba Crossing is a better choice. First, does it make sense (cost & time) to rent a bus to take us down to Eilat from Jerusalem or fly from Tel Aviv into Eilat? The plan is to cross over into Jordan the afternoon of 8/26 visit Wadi Rum and then overnight near Petra. Any hotel recommendations would be great (Taybet Zaman, Movenpick and Crown Plaza).
Monday, 8/27 we will be touring Petra... that evening most of the family will be returning to Tel Aviv via Eilat... flying I assume.
My wife and I and 2 children will be departing for Egypt for a few days before returning to Tel Aviv on 8/31. One tour operator suggested that we hire someone to drive us from Eilat on 8/27 to Cairo. He said it would take about 4 hours. The other tour operator said it was more like 10 hours to drive... not certain I believe either of them. The only other options are to have someone drive us to Amman and fly to Cairo or drive to Sharm el Sheikh and fly Egyptair to Cairo. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
We plan to stay at the Le Meridien Pyramids.
8/28 visit Pyramids/Sphinx in the a.m., relax in the afternoon and maybe visit Mohamed Al mosque and the market of Han El Halili in the late afternoon/evening.
8/29 a.m. flight to Luxor, Valley of the Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and then return that evening to Cairo.
8/30 Egyptian & Solar Boat Museum and tour Cairo
8/31 Early a.m. El Al flight from Cairo - Tel Aviv.
I appreciate your comments and help.
Need help with Israel, Petra and Egypt tour
Hi all -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 2 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 3 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 4 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 5 Tipping
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 7 Quick question about Kenya..
- 8 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 9 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 12 What camera to use on safari
- 13 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 14 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 15 India
- 16 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 17 Ideas about the trip.
- 18 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 21 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 22 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 23 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 24 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 25 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh