We are two independent women in our 60s who are planning two weeks in Israel with a sidetrip to Petra in October 2013. We are hoping to travel independently, picking up tours in different cities or drivers when necessary. We are looking for especially good tour companies or planners for that sort of travel, and hotel recommendations at the moderate level, including airbnb. We also want to do an organized hike of some sort for a day or two and are looking for the most interesting terrain to cover (including stays indoors rather than camping). We are of moderate means, but adventuresome, although not interestied in roughing it or hostel stays (nor 5-star hotels!). Can someone give us an idea of the most efficient route for an itinerary and how many days you'd recommend in each city? We are interested in museums on history and local culture. This is our first inquiry. We've done no research as of yet. Have to begin somewhere. Found great advice here for earlier trip to Southeast Asia...
Need help planning two-week independent travel to Israel, Petra
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 2 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 3 Safari Cost Comparison
- 4 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 5 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Bugs n' Botswana
- 9 Group Trip to Israel
- 10 My Trip to Palestine
- 11 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 12 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 13 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 14 My trip to Egypt .....
- 15 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 16 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 19 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 20 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 23 Homestay Accomodation
- 24 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 25 Morocco with Desert Majesty