We are two independent women in our 60s who are planning two weeks in Israel with a sidetrip to Petra in October 2013. We are hoping to travel independently, picking up tours in different cities or drivers when necessary. We are looking for especially good tour companies or planners for that sort of travel, and hotel recommendations at the moderate level, including airbnb. We also want to do an organized hike of some sort for a day or two and are looking for the most interesting terrain to cover (including stays indoors rather than camping). We are of moderate means, but adventuresome, although not interestied in roughing it or hostel stays (nor 5-star hotels!). Can someone give us an idea of the most efficient route for an itinerary and how many days you'd recommend in each city? We are interested in museums on history and local culture. This is our first inquiry. We've done no research as of yet. Have to begin somewhere. Found great advice here for earlier trip to Southeast Asia...
Need help planning two-week independent travel to Israel, Petra
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Overland in West Africa
- 2 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 5 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 6 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 7 Morrocco and Cash
- 8 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 9 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 13 South Africa trip advices
- 14 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 15 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 16 Tour to Morocco
- 17 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 18 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 19 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 20 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 24 First time in Africa on safari
- 25 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals