We are two independent women in our 60s who are planning two weeks in Israel with a sidetrip to Petra in October 2013. We are hoping to travel independently, picking up tours in different cities or drivers when necessary. We are looking for especially good tour companies or planners for that sort of travel, and hotel recommendations at the moderate level, including airbnb. We also want to do an organized hike of some sort for a day or two and are looking for the most interesting terrain to cover (including stays indoors rather than camping). We are of moderate means, but adventuresome, although not interestied in roughing it or hostel stays (nor 5-star hotels!). Can someone give us an idea of the most efficient route for an itinerary and how many days you'd recommend in each city? We are interested in museums on history and local culture. This is our first inquiry. We've done no research as of yet. Have to begin somewhere. Found great advice here for earlier trip to Southeast Asia...
Need help planning two-week independent travel to Israel, Petra
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Tel Aviv beaches
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 6 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 7 israel and petra
- 8 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 9 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 10 Israel and Petra
- 11 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 14 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 15 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 18 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 19 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 20 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Magnificant Morocco
- 24 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 25 Hotels in Nairobi