My husband and I want to take a trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe for our 5 year anniversary. We are thinking of going for 2 weeks in May/June. I have started doing some research and am completely overwhelmed. Can someone please help me answer the following questions? We are in our early 30's and like to sightsee, love the outdoors and want to try to get in some culture while we're there.
- Is May/June a good time to go to Zimbabwe and South Africa?
- We ideally want to do a few days in Cape town, stay in one or 2 towns along the garden route, go on a safari for 2-3 days and see Victoria Falls. Can someone please give me an idea if this itinerary is doable or if it's too much to fit into 2 weeks?
- Are there any recommendations for where to stay (less than $150 US/night) along the garden route and what safari is best in South Africa (for safari we can do up to $200 US/night)
- In Capetown we are thinking of staying at the Sheraton because we have hotel points so it would be free
- What is the best way to map out my flights? Right now I found a decent rate from Newark to Capetown. However, does it make sense to fly into Capetown and fly out of somewhere near Victoria Falls (or vice versa) and take a one way flight in between? Or should I book a round trip to Capetown and then another roundtrip from Capetown to somewhere near Victoria Falls?
- Do I have to fly to get to a safari? Is Kruger the best place for a safari? What are some good websites to book a safari?
- Lastly, does anyone have any good travel agents they recommend? I've found for other locations (such as India) it was cheaper to book flights through a travel agent vs. online..not sure if South Africa/Zimbabwe are the same.
Any help/advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best Producer of HIGH-QUALITY Counterfeit Banknotes and Fake Documents
- 2 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 3 Marrakech
- 4 Binocular rentals
- 5 Dead Sea day trip
- 6 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 7 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 8 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 9 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 10 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 11 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 12 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 13 Itinerary Ideas
- 14 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 15 Travel to Botswana
- 16 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 19 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 20 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 21 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 22 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 23 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 24 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 25 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Need help planning trip to Capetown, safari and Victoria Falls