My husband and I want to take a trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe for our 5 year anniversary. We are thinking of going for 2 weeks in May/June. I have started doing some research and am completely overwhelmed. Can someone please help me answer the following questions? We are in our early 30's and like to sightsee, love the outdoors and want to try to get in some culture while we're there.
- Is May/June a good time to go to Zimbabwe and South Africa?
- We ideally want to do a few days in Cape town, stay in one or 2 towns along the garden route, go on a safari for 2-3 days and see Victoria Falls. Can someone please give me an idea if this itinerary is doable or if it's too much to fit into 2 weeks?
- Are there any recommendations for where to stay (less than $150 US/night) along the garden route and what safari is best in South Africa (for safari we can do up to $200 US/night)
- In Capetown we are thinking of staying at the Sheraton because we have hotel points so it would be free
- What is the best way to map out my flights? Right now I found a decent rate from Newark to Capetown. However, does it make sense to fly into Capetown and fly out of somewhere near Victoria Falls (or vice versa) and take a one way flight in between? Or should I book a round trip to Capetown and then another roundtrip from Capetown to somewhere near Victoria Falls?
- Do I have to fly to get to a safari? Is Kruger the best place for a safari? What are some good websites to book a safari?
- Lastly, does anyone have any good travel agents they recommend? I've found for other locations (such as India) it was cheaper to book flights through a travel agent vs. online..not sure if South Africa/Zimbabwe are the same.
Any help/advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Need help planning trip to Capetown, safari and Victoria Falls
- 1 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 8 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 9 Homestay Accomodation
- 10 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 22 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 23 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 24 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 25 Night drives in Manyara worth it????