My husband and I want to take a trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe for our 5 year anniversary. We are thinking of going for 2 weeks in May/June. I have started doing some research and am completely overwhelmed. Can someone please help me answer the following questions? We are in our early 30's and like to sightsee, love the outdoors and want to try to get in some culture while we're there.
- Is May/June a good time to go to Zimbabwe and South Africa?
- We ideally want to do a few days in Cape town, stay in one or 2 towns along the garden route, go on a safari for 2-3 days and see Victoria Falls. Can someone please give me an idea if this itinerary is doable or if it's too much to fit into 2 weeks?
- Are there any recommendations for where to stay (less than $150 US/night) along the garden route and what safari is best in South Africa (for safari we can do up to $200 US/night)
- In Capetown we are thinking of staying at the Sheraton because we have hotel points so it would be free
- What is the best way to map out my flights? Right now I found a decent rate from Newark to Capetown. However, does it make sense to fly into Capetown and fly out of somewhere near Victoria Falls (or vice versa) and take a one way flight in between? Or should I book a round trip to Capetown and then another roundtrip from Capetown to somewhere near Victoria Falls?
- Do I have to fly to get to a safari? Is Kruger the best place for a safari? What are some good websites to book a safari?
- Lastly, does anyone have any good travel agents they recommend? I've found for other locations (such as India) it was cheaper to book flights through a travel agent vs. online..not sure if South Africa/Zimbabwe are the same.
Any help/advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthitcongress.com/vivax-male-enhancement/
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 4 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 5 Safari suggestions
- 6 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 7 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 8 Travel to Cairo in July
- 9 Targin into Zambia
- 10 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 11 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 12 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 13 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 14 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 15 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 16 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 17 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 18 Passport question for International flight
- 19 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 20 Tour operator near me
- 21 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 24 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 25 Draft itinerary for Morocco
Need help planning trip to Capetown, safari and Victoria Falls