DH and I have 12 nights to spend in Zambia next August (our 7th time on safari but our first time in Zambia), and we would like to spend two of those at Victoria Falls, perhaps at Tongabezi. The other 10 nights we would like to spend on safari, preferably under $500 per person per night. One itinerary suggested to us was 7 nights in Kafue, with 3 nights at Lufupa Bush Camp in Central Northern Kafue, 2 nights at Musanza Tented Camp in Northwestern Kafue, and 2 nights at Busanga Bush Camp in northern Kafue. Does anyone have thoughts about these camps or this itinerary? I did a search here and on tripadvisor.com and there was not much information about these camps. I was thinking of maybe trying to add 3 nights at Flatdogs Camp as well. Would appreciate any suggestions. We are experienced safari-goers and photographers (have previously been to Sabi Sands, Timbavati, Kruger, Kgalagadi, Botswana's Kwando Circuit and Chief's Camp, and Tanzania). Our priorities are great game viewing and photographic opportunities with excellent guiding (preferably with a tracker as well) and not too many people per vehicle (but we probably can't spring for a private vehicle this time). The ability to do night drives and some walks would be a plus. Thanks in advance.
Need advice re: 12-night Zambia itinerary for August 2012
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Unbelievable Day trip to paradise valley
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Hotels in Nairobi
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Novice Safari question
- 6 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 7 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 8 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 9 Quick question about Kenya..
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 12 Morocco in April 2014
- 13 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September