DH and I have 12 nights to spend in Zambia next August (our 7th time on safari but our first time in Zambia), and we would like to spend two of those at Victoria Falls, perhaps at Tongabezi. The other 10 nights we would like to spend on safari, preferably under $500 per person per night. One itinerary suggested to us was 7 nights in Kafue, with 3 nights at Lufupa Bush Camp in Central Northern Kafue, 2 nights at Musanza Tented Camp in Northwestern Kafue, and 2 nights at Busanga Bush Camp in northern Kafue. Does anyone have thoughts about these camps or this itinerary? I did a search here and on tripadvisor.com and there was not much information about these camps. I was thinking of maybe trying to add 3 nights at Flatdogs Camp as well. Would appreciate any suggestions. We are experienced safari-goers and photographers (have previously been to Sabi Sands, Timbavati, Kruger, Kgalagadi, Botswana's Kwando Circuit and Chief's Camp, and Tanzania). Our priorities are great game viewing and photographic opportunities with excellent guiding (preferably with a tracker as well) and not too many people per vehicle (but we probably can't spring for a private vehicle this time). The ability to do night drives and some walks would be a plus. Thanks in advance.
Need advice re: 12-night Zambia itinerary for August 2012
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 2 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 3 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 4 My trip to Egypt .....
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 7 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 8 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 9 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 10 Homestay Accomodation
- 11 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 12 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 13 Safari and Beach in June
- 14 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 15 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 16 Group Trip to Israel
- 17 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 18 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 19 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 20 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 21 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 22 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 23 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 24 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 25 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice