DH and I have 12 nights to spend in Zambia next August (our 7th time on safari but our first time in Zambia), and we would like to spend two of those at Victoria Falls, perhaps at Tongabezi. The other 10 nights we would like to spend on safari, preferably under $500 per person per night. One itinerary suggested to us was 7 nights in Kafue, with 3 nights at Lufupa Bush Camp in Central Northern Kafue, 2 nights at Musanza Tented Camp in Northwestern Kafue, and 2 nights at Busanga Bush Camp in northern Kafue. Does anyone have thoughts about these camps or this itinerary? I did a search here and on tripadvisor.com and there was not much information about these camps. I was thinking of maybe trying to add 3 nights at Flatdogs Camp as well. Would appreciate any suggestions. We are experienced safari-goers and photographers (have previously been to Sabi Sands, Timbavati, Kruger, Kgalagadi, Botswana's Kwando Circuit and Chief's Camp, and Tanzania). Our priorities are great game viewing and photographic opportunities with excellent guiding (preferably with a tracker as well) and not too many people per vehicle (but we probably can't spring for a private vehicle this time). The ability to do night drives and some walks would be a plus. Thanks in advance.
Need advice re: 12-night Zambia itinerary for August 2012
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Sun Safaris
- 2 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 3 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 6 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 7 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 8 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 9 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 10 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 11 Tour to Morocco
- 12 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 13 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 14 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 15 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 16 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 17 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 Uganda again
- 20 November at victoria falls
- 21 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 22 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 23 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 24 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 25 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip