DH and I have 12 nights to spend in Zambia next August (our 7th time on safari but our first time in Zambia), and we would like to spend two of those at Victoria Falls, perhaps at Tongabezi. The other 10 nights we would like to spend on safari, preferably under $500 per person per night. One itinerary suggested to us was 7 nights in Kafue, with 3 nights at Lufupa Bush Camp in Central Northern Kafue, 2 nights at Musanza Tented Camp in Northwestern Kafue, and 2 nights at Busanga Bush Camp in northern Kafue. Does anyone have thoughts about these camps or this itinerary? I did a search here and on tripadvisor.com and there was not much information about these camps. I was thinking of maybe trying to add 3 nights at Flatdogs Camp as well. Would appreciate any suggestions. We are experienced safari-goers and photographers (have previously been to Sabi Sands, Timbavati, Kruger, Kgalagadi, Botswana's Kwando Circuit and Chief's Camp, and Tanzania). Our priorities are great game viewing and photographic opportunities with excellent guiding (preferably with a tracker as well) and not too many people per vehicle (but we probably can't spring for a private vehicle this time). The ability to do night drives and some walks would be a plus. Thanks in advance.
Need advice re: 12-night Zambia itinerary for August 2012
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakech Tours:
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra